a very gamey England game

zinedine

Warlord
Wanted to see how much pop i could get in Rfc Doc so I played a very gamey England game (standard speed, monarch).

Results:
- science victory in 1947 (Mars colony done)
- 60k science per turn
- 2.1 billion pop (i think i hit int max, because i got 2B in 1920)
- tech tree finished in ~1890 even with all the blobbing.

Game Rules:
- I shuffle resources and names around to get nicer city placement, without affecting core gameplay. So sometimes I move sheep/iron 1S/1N etc. Also during the game i sometimes help the AI with city placement, because they're bad. E.g. India city placement.
- columbian resource exchange done on aztec conquerors. I assume that colonizers bring their resources with them when they colonize not 200 years after.
- I play with crusades enabled with the largest catholic pop at ~1000 getting conquerors on Jerusalem. This way I emulate the pope calling it and giving it to the biggest catholic civ.

Game strategy:
- reload till viking city can be flipped (gamey but this is a power game), also quite good odds and not ahistoric.
- the usual civ manipulation strats (give money to create strategic long term enemies)
- befriend Vikings, they are an amazing civ (tech&trade v well, very aggressive, can be used as an attack dog)
- make contact with Byzantium asap (scout goes through Poland) for more techs.
- scout reaching Turks by DOW'ing the Arabs (helps to befriend Byz) and slipstepping them near Tabriz
- use crusade to get Jerusalem and Damascus. Between seljuks/crusade/mongols the Levant can be secured with Egypt following soon (due to v. poor stability). With a bit of luck the Ottoman spawn can be prevented (especially if you trade and help Byzantium).
- Jerusalem shrines + dome of the rock + getting protestantism shrine <-> sufficient money. The key to getting protestantism reliably is to get Hre in wars with France, Vikings, Poland and Byzantium. Bribe whatever is needed to create chaos in continental Europe. France and Spain are guaranteed to come to blows so little effort is needed to create a spark there.
- beeline metallurgy to get to industrial era and then blob -> colonies start with excellent buildings. I was at %30 science for a good while. 1550ish with lucky tech trading. Prioritize south africa, southwest australia, french canada, us coast and of course carribean.
- prioritize wide wonders and techs (geography, bell rock lighthouse)
- manipulate tamils to attack mughals -> reliable stalemate.
- trading company synchronized with redcoats + cannons. It should be enough to get whole of India due to mughals vs tamils wasting their armies on each other.
- ignore wonders till late renaissance.
- don't golden age till colonizing Canada + Australia + South Africa + India. Leave the golden ages for when they really count.
- getting united nations early helps a lot with getting indy cities for free (indonesia, manila after spain collapse, taibei, iranian cities). Nobody big really cares about those cities so with decent relations you can get a lot of cities (got ~10)
- happiness is a hard limit if staying democratic (which i did). Stability is great if jails/courthouses are prioritized, because the economy keeps growing and growing.
- once transhumanism 3 has been researched I put all cities on food prioritization because the city AI doesn't understand that happiness isn't a limit any more.
- burj kalifa in Alice Springs is pure cheesing.

Some pictures:
Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0007.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0008.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0009.JPG

Civ4ScreenShot0000.JPG
Civ4ScreenShot0001.JPG

Last edited:
that 2 billion thing happened to me in a normal civ game when i tried the same thing. Its like 2^32 is the most population you can have for some reason

Top Bottom