1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

A very quick and stupid question

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by OTiger, Feb 23, 2017.

1. OTiger

OTiger Chieftain

Does anyone know where the Steam Workshop mods are installed? I guessed it would be located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, but I don't see the example mods that Firaxis made. It works in the game, though.

2. Kobazco

Kobazco Chieftain

The example mods are available when you launch the SDK anyway, just look at them through there.

3. Winged Hussar

Winged Hussar Chieftain

...and another stupid question: How do I launch the SDK? ...specifically, world builder.

4. Sadberlin

Sadberlin Chieftain

It seems that there's no world builder in SDK...

5. Magil

Magil Monarch

They are in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\ looks like.

Tssha likes this.
  6. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Yeap, this is it. Very, very annoying when you want to download a mod to tinker with its code.

Tssha and Xur like this.
  7. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

The mod is placed in a mystery-numbered folder under Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\. I am just closing my eyes right now and assuming every users gets the same mod downloaded to the same mystery-numbered folder.

And the mod is not fully downloaded or updated until you click the start new game button. So if you want to have a peek at someone's code you have to setup and start a game before there's any actual code to steal from JFD or Sukritact. (not sure if load previous save works the same so far as updating a changed mod).

If you unsubscribe from a mod, the contents of the mystery-numbered folder within Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\ are deleted but not the folder itself.

And you cannot subscribe to your own mod if you already have a copy of the mod in your MODS folder.