A very quick and stupid question

OTiger

Warlord
Does anyone know where the Steam Workshop mods are installed? I guessed it would be located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, but I don't see the example mods that Firaxis made. It works in the game, though.

The example mods are available when you launch the SDK anyway, just look at them through there.

Does anyone know where the Steam Workshop mods are installed? I guessed it would be located in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Mods, but I don't see the example mods that Firaxis made. It works in the game, though.

They are in Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\ looks like.

The mod is placed in a mystery-numbered folder under Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\. I am just closing my eyes right now and assuming every users gets the same mod downloaded to the same mystery-numbered folder.

And the mod is not fully downloaded or updated until you click the start new game button. So if you want to have a peek at someone's code you have to setup and start a game before there's any actual code to steal from JFD or Sukritact. (not sure if load previous save works the same so far as updating a changed mod).

If you unsubscribe from a mod, the contents of the mystery-numbered folder within Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\289070\ are deleted but not the folder itself.

And you cannot subscribe to your own mod if you already have a copy of the mod in your MODS folder.

Top Bottom