A Violent Peace, 1946-Now

Hey Laurana,

Well Audacious in that config is similar to Ark Royal after 1969 when it had no armament so no AA defence. HMS Hermes I forgot to add in the sea cat launchers so no AA. lol

Cheers,
Delta

The Audacious looks pretty good. The AA animations never coincide with anything that requires them anyway. I suppose you could in the same animation have it be attacked by generic aircraft or have a dogfight overhead. I've considered having search lights, flak and an air-raid siren in the bombing animation of an aircraft but that's a big ask. It will work for all bombers but the animations would only make sense for strategic bombers (cites only). It'ill look funny if every patch of road you bomb looks heavily fortified.

Hey Laurana,

Well Audacious in that config is similar to Ark Royal after 1969 when it had no armament so no AA defence. HMS Hermes I forgot to add in the sea cat launchers so no AA. lol

Cheers,
Delta
Thanks for the clarification Delta. No worries, you know how I prefer the aircraft attack animation anyways! ;)

Your naval units are absolutely amazing. I've put a whole bunch of them in my game. Thanks again for all your craftsmanship.

Update: Had an interesting request for a Chinese Reef Base so I created it. It has a tug for the run simulating that they build these bases. Special note set the unit to rotate before attack to have the attack animations run correctly. Preview Below
Spoiler :

I’ve thought of three uses for your island unit in a scenario.

Short Runway - Normal aircraft at sea

Long Runway - Heavy aircraft at sea (aircraft marked a tactical missile)

Airfield (default flc only) - Land airfield able to be captured and operated even if in enemy territory (overlay this unit on a worker made airfield to have unlimited normal aircraft and limited heavy aircraft capacity)

I mark some planes as heavy aircraft to keep them from re-basing to aircraft carriers.

The reef base is a sure interesting unit.:D

Top Bottom