A Wonder I'd overthrow my own mother for

JeffNebraska

Warlord
I'd sacrifice any progress through the entire ancient age for a wonder that put a temple in every city. The automatic first expansion of cultural boundaries in every city would be absolutely invaluable! A temple is almost always the first thing I build in a new town (unless I absolutely must have a barracks). Can you imagine how much easier developing a newly conquered portion of the continent would become. It'd be pure heaven!

Anglophile

Warlord
That would be a must have Wonder, probably too must have as it would likely totally unbalance the game. One of the things I like in Civ3 compared to the other Civs/CTPs is that there are no early/ intermediate must absolutely have Wonders. The Chichan Itxan, however it is spelled, Wonder which appeared in a couple of mods and gave a courthouse in every city was almost in that league.

Clubber

Zulu Slayer
I have to agree it would make a GREAT wonder. And I don't see it as unbalancing the game if everyone has a shot at building it. Sure, at the lower levels the human player has a BIG advantage of building it, but at Monarch or above..........???? Was there not a Wonder in Civ II that if you were first to build it put a Cathederal in every one of your Cities??? Mick's Cathederal, I think it was. Anyway, I thought this was worthy to reply too.

On another note, what would be a good name for this Wonder?

"The Temple of Doom" ??? (minus Indiana Jones), "Stonehenge"...........................................?????

slothman

Emperor
If you could make small wonders be "global improvements" then it wouldn't unbalence as much.

Mr Spice

Emperor
I experimented with making the Oracle give a temple in every city. It worked fine, but with one major drawback. The temples never got any age bonus in culture.

IronicWarrior19

Warlord
Sounds extremely powerful, especially with the culture bonus too. A bit like super-mikes in civ2 (gave you a cathedral free in every city).

Top Bottom