1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

A Wonder that improves Farms... How do I make this?

Discussion in 'CivBE - Modding Help & Mod Creation' started by AzureAce, Sep 8, 2016.

1. AzureAce

AzureAce Chieftain

I want to make a wonder that boosts the energy gain of farms by 3. Only one can be built in the world. How do I pull this off? I've tried looking at other mods to see how they did it, but I can't find the exact code used for "Improve farm yield", I don't think anyone's ever done that.

I'd also like to make a wonder that boosts biowell +health by 2.

2. AzureAce

AzureAce Chieftain

I've successfully added the wonder to the game, but... it has no effect. It's just a waste of production. Is there a list of XML commands for mods?

3. Valessa

Valessa Communistress

Have the Wonder provide a free PlayerPerk and have that PlayerPerk improve the Yield of the Improvement (via the PlayerPerks_ImprovementYieldEffects-Table). That way you can also grant extra Health to Improvements.

That will improve all Farms owned by the Player, not specific to that city.

Not sure what exactly you mean by "XML commands for mods". The tables with all possible effects (although not all will work) can be found at the top of the game files. And the game files you're looking for can be found in...
    Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\Gameplay\XML
    ...for the base game or...
    Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\assets\DLC\Expansion1\Gameplay\XML
    ...for rising tide.

4. AzureAce

AzureAce Chieftain

Perfect.

...How do I make a playerperk?

5. Valessa

Valessa Communistress