a wonderful start

LompeLuiten

Chieftain
as i am maybe not that harcore as other players and have not tried my strategies on higher levels, i have to feeling everybody wants to have next villiges as fast as possible. Personaly i do not see the use in that, as they often take quite some time. when if i have enough schields to start with, i will build wonders like hell.

I first impove some tiles to improve my shield prodution.
Build the great libary, and top that with the national college. With a population of 6 you have (6+3+3+3)*1.5=22,5 wich is a fantastic score so early in the game. To improve that score i go straight to the hanging gardens to impove my population. By turn hunderd i have 13 population, terrecotas army, stonehedge to add to the list. So i have a top sientific start, a riligion in the making, a full social tree, workers with spare time and a setles under 4 turns. And then i start making settles.

doable on low levels, wont work on higher levels and you'll get killed in multi player building so many wonders

doable on low levels, wont work on higher levels and you'll get killed in multi player building so many wonders

Jeah, the getting killed part on multiplayer is very likely.

I just did it on level king and it worked pretty wel. In turn 200 i am still taking the lead. what is going to be the problem according to you on even higher levels?

what is going to be the problem according to you on even higher levels?

Lack of production and gold to build sufficient army.

13 :c5citizen: is very good for turn 100. But what about with 3 more cities?

On Deity, for example, the AI really prioritizes the Great Library, and because of it's production bonuses, gets it pretty much every time. I played something like 20 games on Deity on different map sizes just to try and see whether or not I can build the Great Library if I make it my top priority, and I have still never got it, even though one time I beelined to writing and I had +50% wonder production bonus and my worker was chopping forests and my capital was starving. You simply will not get GL on Deity.

Essentially, the higher the level you play, the more free techs the AI gets, as well as more production bonuses. On Deity it even starts with two settlers. The higher level you play, the less wonders you will get. For example, if you get GL and NC, you will very likely not be able to get Hanging Gardens or Terracotta Army, unless you are playing a Duel map with another civ that has low wonder priority, and even then you probably won't get it. Picture this. You need to research Pottery. On Deity, the AI already has that. Then you research Writing. The AI already prioritizes this for GL. The AI will get to Writing before you. Then you need to build GL. Not only does the AI have a head start, if has better production. Lets say you do build it. Well, you have to research Calendar in order to get Philosophy for free. You do that, you build National College. While you are building GL+NC, you have to research Animal Husbandry and the Wheel, which the AI already have to Deity, then you need to get Mathematics, but by the time you get to Mathematics, chances are there's an AI civ that prioritized it and has built it already.

The point I'm making is that the higher level you play, the faster the AI will get to the techs that you need to build the AI, and on top of this head start, it simply builds them faster.

Jeah, the getting killed part on multiplayer is very likely.

I just did it on level king and it worked pretty wel. In turn 200 i am still taking the lead. what is going to be the problem according to you on even higher levels?

The fact that you will get murdered because all that will do on the higher difficulties is help you keep up with the A.I in tech...and thats it.

Well, in ciV, settler=tutorial chieftain=too much easy, warlord=too easy, prince=very easy, king=easy, emperor=normal, immortal=hard, deity=god damn hard. A strategy that works on king is usually won't works on imm/deity, and vice versa, you won't be able to reproduce many deity tactics on king (because there's less money to milk from the ai, and less future puppets founded).

thank you guys for the information

Lack of production and gold to build sufficient army.

13 :c5citizen: is very good for turn 100. But what about with 3 more cities?

i m ust say, i really didn't know what it actualy looked like. I tought i had 2 extra cities already, but only two because i lived on a smal island and had to wait for astronomy

Top Bottom