1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

AAAK!!! WHY ME? *sigh* The horrors of...Arcanum

Discussion in 'All Other Games' started by cat98, Dec 19, 2001.

1. cat98

cat98 Pharaoh

:cry: Tis a good game, Im losing sleep! It did not want to work at first, but after I fiddled with direct X, it works like a charm! I am amazed by the size of the main city, Tarant. Its HUGE! Too bad you have to explore the whole thing to find out what the buildings are. ;) There is no overall city map. A funny thing to do I have found... You can prance about naked, and when you talk to people you get some very interesting comments. Great fun!

2. damunzy

damunzy recovering former mod Retired Moderator

I would suggest that you refrain from comments like that. While I understand the desire to change your title, just don't tell us about it, O.K.? Also, you also need to wait ten days before you can change your title. Sorry.

On topic: So what about the game play or does the redraw problem destory the whole game experience for you?

3. cat98

cat98 Pharaoh

The gameply is, shall we say, unbalanced? Mage type characters are by far more powerfull than technologists. Though the latter is a more entertaining. The game is suprisingly complex, fatigue for instance, is very important in this game. Whenever you are hit, you lose fatigue points, if you use a spell, the same thing happens. Once you run out of fatigue points, you fall to the ground asleep. :lol: Unfortunatly I have started to refer to my folowers as usefull pack-mules. You would be amazed at the sheer amount of crud you have to lug araound in this game. :crazyeyes