AARabian Nights - A Prince Civ6 AAR

Nikolai II

King
Repost of my AAR on WPC, Poly and PDS forums:

So my first post release game without my wife has just started!

Settings are as follows:

Playing as Arabia, I get these bonuses:

I will probably go for a science win for this one.

The starting position is as follows:

First build, slinger.
First tech, animal husbandry.

I soon found what my warrior searched for; a barb camp. It's important to take these out fast.

But I needed the archery tech, so I just softened it up until my slinger could kill the spearman. Then I used the warrior to take out the empty camp:

Turn 14, I met the Aztecs. Just my luck... I have two slingers, soon to be archers, and one warrior. Building a builder.

Then met Spain on turn 17. They are close. I might have to take them out later on...

Next few turns used to getting a lot of eurekas and such. To my delight, the Aztecs actually like me! I offer them friendship, and they accept!

Turn 28, I build my second city! I was thinking of building closer to Madrid, but I like to settle close for the industry bonus later on, and the sweet spot was 7 tiles away...

Turn 45 I build my third city:

Turn 57, we become a Classical Republic!

Turn 59, we build our fourth city:

Turn 63, Spain denounces us!

Turn 65, Spain declares surprise war on us!

My archers make toast of the invaders, and now is the time to take the fight to their hometurf. I also got iron and two Swordsmen from my warriors as a result!

Spain offers peace, offering truffles, 204 gold and 7 gpt. But I smell blood.

Turn 81, Spain is no more!

Got myself a pantheon:

Turn 89, met Japan.

Another city is founded in the south turn 97:

Turn 100, yet another city. This time in the north, between our friends the Aztecs and the still neutral Japan:

This is our empire's stats and progress at turn 100:

Turn 103, I get a Great Person; Hildegard von Bingen. She will give my Holy Sites bonus science!

Turn 107, another city along the coast; Jeddah:

Turn 112, another city in the north; Barqah:

Turn 116, another city settled in the north; Sana'a:

Turn 119, a Great Scientist is born; Omar Khayyam!

Turn 122, another city is founded in the north west; Aden:

Turn 124, the Aztecs refuse to renew our friendship...!

Turn 132, we finally get our Great Prophet! It's the honorary Irenaeus.

We of course found Islam and choose religious community for the +1 housing from shrines and temples, and stewardship for the +1 gold and +1 science for each campus and commerical hub!

Turn 134, the Aztecs denounce us! Traitors!

Turn 136 we adopt the Merchant Republic government:

I get a Great Admiral, Artemisia. I will save him for later use, right now I have no navy.

Turn 150 Galileo Galilei pops up in my country!

I also enhance my religion, adding itinerant preachers. This means religion spreads to cities 30% further away!

The next turn I complete my religion, adding mosques to my religion!

Turn 155, 880 AD, I develop the industrialization tech. We're in the industrial age, baby!

Next few turns are spent spreading islam to all the corners of my empire.

Turn 168 I get Isaac Newton to my civ! He gives +2 science to all unis and instantly builds uni and library in the campus he resides in!

Turn 175, Homs is founded in the north west:

Industrialization continues, and I send a builder to hook up some coal.

Turn 185, Aztecs denounce me again, but it seems they won't attack!

Turn 192, I get a Great Engineer; Leonardo da Vinci! He triggers an eureka from a random modern era tech, and gives +1 culture to workshops. Turns out he knows something about radio...

On turn 195, 1340 AD, we discover electricity. And with that we're in the modern era!

I also send the first of two settlers towards the middle of my empire. Time to hook up the empty space in the mid south. Also, there's the question of the abundance of coal in the area...

Turn 200, I found Al-Bab:

Stats for my empire on turn 200:

Score:

And finally my empire in all its glory:

Turn 203, I found Hattin in the south:

Turn 204, James Young, a Great Scientist, joins the realm. He reveals oil and gives two random eurekas.

Turn 207, we meet Kongo!

Turn 208, we meet Brazil!

Our pursuit of oil leads us to found a city in the desert on turn 215:

Turn 216, the wretched Aztecs denounce us again!

Turn 218, the wretched Kongo denounces us!

Turn 221, a Great Engineer joins us. Gustave Eiffel grants 480 production towards wonder construction.

Turn 222, a Great Merchant joins us. John Spilsbury grants us one uniquely manufactured luxury, toys.

We also get a Great Admiral this turn, Francis Drake. He grants +50% rewards when plundering sea trade routes when retired. Else he gives extra movement and strength to naval units.

Turn 223, we meet China!

Turn 226, Japan denounces us. Seems he doesn't like the ways of Islam...

Another desert city, Damietta, founded to get hold of valuable resources:

Turn 228, Charles Darwin - a Great Scientist - joins us. He gives 500 science for each adjacent natural wonder tile.

Turn 231, our lone Mamluk is now a Tank!

Turn 233, the vile Aztecs declare formal war against us!

Much of our army is old, but we have several field cannons and a tank. And a great production in many of our cities!

Turn 239, we capture Atzcapotzalco. It only took one tank and a couple supporting field artillery.

Turn 240, Brazil denounces us. Seems we have too many Great People for their tastes.

Turn 243, Tenochtitlan falls!

Aztecs demands peace, offering to cede the two cities if i pay them handsomely. I naturally refuse!

Same turn, China offers peace. I did not know I was at war with them. They must have allied with the Aztecs. Naturally we accept, as we cannot reach them.

Turn 247, Xochicalco falls!

Turn 249, Kongo denounces us. Seems we're getting unpopular.

Aztecs also wants peace, but this is all out war. Unconditional surrender, please!

Turn 251, we get a Great Engineer, Robert Goddard. This guy will give us 20% towards space race projects and an eureka towards rocketry, our designated win!

Same turn, we capture Texcoco!

Turn 253, China denounces us.

Turn 254, we capture Seoul. This is a previous city state and we can greatly improve our international standing by liberating her. We also will get her gratitude. We decide to go for liberation:

Turn 256, 1725 AD, we finally get rocketry and can begin our space program!

We also capture Tlacopan!

Turn 257, we capture and liberate the old city state of Carthage!

Turn 258, Japan denounces us. As if they can do anything. They have musketmen, I have tanks and infantery.

Turn 260, the once mighty Aztec Empire is no more! Stockholm is liberated and Montezuma is sent to the dungeon:

Turn 263, a Great Scientist, Alan Turing, is recruited! He triggers an eureka for computers and a random modern era technology.

We also recruit a Great Merchant, Mary Katherine Goddard. She gives us +1 level of visibility in all civilizations!

Turn 265, I decide that Japan is a menace to the world. She needs to be....protected from herself:

This is all for democracy, of course. So the next turn we go democratic baby!

Osaka falls on turn 267:

The next turn, Nagoya falls:

Yet another turn, and the Japanese capital Kyoto falls:

The puny rests of the Japanese Empire lies a bit to the east, so I have to redeploy.

Next turn, Brazil denounces me.

Turn 271, Sendai falls:

Turn 274, a lot happens. First, we get a Great Engineer. Alvar Aalto gives +1 appeal to all tiles owned by the city he is activated in.

Then, Okayama, the last vestige of the Japanese, falls. Japan is no more!

Turn 277, Albert Einstein joins us. He triggers one random technology and provides +4 science from universities.

Turn 281, 1820 AD, and Baghdad has finished the first spaceport of our civilization! Cairo is 10 turns behind. The Earth Satelite Project, the first step required to reach Mars, is started.

Somehow, there's still natives to be met. My submarine finds Russia on turn 287!

Turn 291, another spaceport - this time in Cairo - is finished!

Turn 294, 1846 AD, we finished the tech tree. Now it's only future tech ad infinitum left...

We need Uranium for......defense. As such, we settle in the north a new city; Ar-Raqqah:

This enables us to upgrade our tanks to modern armor!

Turn 297, 1852 AD, we launch our Earth Satelite! We start on the project Moon Landing. This will take 23 turns with the current output of our city.

We also get a Great Merchant in our realm, Levi Struss. He grants 2 jeans, a unique luxury.

We also start on Project Ivy, to be able to create thermonuclear devices. For safety, of course.

Turn 300, we get a Great Scientist; Janaki Ammal. He gives 400 science for adjacent and present rainforests.

We also get a Great Admiral; Franz von Hipper. He gives a free Battleship with a promotion, or movement and combat strength if not retired.

Turn 309, we get a very important Great Engineer; Sergei Korolev! He provides 1.500 production towards space race projects! This means our Moon Landing happens on this turn!

Work can thus start on the Mars projects. Baghdad starts on launching the Mars Reactor, with Cairo starting Mars Habitation the following turn, when thermonuclear bombs are finished.

Turn 318, Erwin Schrödinger, the Great Scientist, joins us. He gives an eureka on 3 random technologies. We have all available technologies and are merely renewing future tech, which gives more score. So we go for score!

We also get a Great General, Samori Touré. He instantly creates an infantry unit with a promotion.

Turn 325, 1904 AD, the Mars Reactor is launched! Mars Hydroponics, the last piece in the science victory, is started.

Same turn Emily Dickinson joins us. This Great Writer gives our civilization two Great Works of Writing.

Turn 332, we get a Great Artist. Jang Seung-Eop gives two Great Works of Art.

Turn 333, a Great Merchant, Jane Drew, joins us. She gives +3 amenities and +4 housing for her resident city.

Next tur, the second to last Mars module is sent into space!

Turn 336, Masaru Ibuka, a Great Merchant, joins us. He gives +10 tourism to all industrial zones.

Turn 339, we get a Great Musician, Liu Tianhua. She gives two Great Works of Music.

Turn 345, 1925, we win a science victory!

The turn before, the core of my empire looked like this:

And our final score:

And thus ends our tale. :)

Top Bottom