Abandoning Slavery

Yudishtira

Spiritual/Creative
I have long wondered what happens when you abandon the slavery worldview. Now that I'm in the industrial era, I thought I'd do the experiment, half expecting the game not to be able to handle it. Or that my entire empire (77 cities) would instantly dissolve into individual city-states, due to the upheaval.

Neither happened (yet anyway:crazyeye:).

The resultant freed slaves formed into:
107 immigrants
92 early merchants
61 freed slaves
57 healers; and
50 storytellers.

I also notice that my happiness problems were reduced considerably, but unhealth rose by a lesser but still significant amount.

With only one city under size 7, that's 101 immigrants more than I have any use for in the foreseeable future. Apart from the shortage of undeveloped real estate, I still have happiness problems to discourage me from settling more cities (I don't have Rep Dem yet). And other than the healers, which are going to come in rather handy, I'm not expecting too much good to come of that other 200+ units.

Still, it could've been much worse...

The problem is that when I designed it I did not expect there to be so many captives available to make into slaves.
The resultant freed slaves formed into:
107 immigrants
92 early merchants
61 freed slaves
57 healers; and
50 storytellers.

That means that you had at least 3x107+92+61+57+50 = 381 slaves! The early merchants are also good for getting new cities up and running.

Looks like I need to investigate Pie_at's Ancient Europe mod for some slave killing events.:mischief:.

Thinking on it I thought I had removed the bit of code that gave you immigrants and added them to the city population instead. Which does cause problems, I had a sudden increase in pop of 10 with all its unhappiness etc.

Perhaps I need to look as some anarchy in cities which had a lot of slaves. It would be a fast way of using up all those story tellers.:lol:

Top Bottom