AbNESVII .•°*”˜ The Many Coloured Lands ˜”*°•.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This any good?

Attachments

• map.jpg
    map.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 72
That, is perfect. :)

Now, once a few others have claimed and editted tiles, you are more than welcome to edit in others.

Now, 1 more thing. The cross with a red dot is your capital, your town.

You can add more with a black centre if you wish, they of course will be rival NPC towns. They could be nice, they could be bad (this will be dice rolls) but will give you more population within your starting area.

Also, you can begin to think of the nation you are going to lead, thus, i give you the nation template:

Nation Name // Player Name
Colour:
Leadership: (type of government, be in council, kings, or whatever you want!)
Religion: (if any, animalistic polytheism will be norm)
Background: More you write here, the nicer your start will be :)

Nation? Oohh yes! :satan:

The Sultanate shall rise again! :D

The Sultanate of Qubuqtahar // mgsmuhammad
Colour: Tan
Leadership: Theocratic council of Takharists (occasionally broken by benevolent despotism under the Prophets)
Religion: Takaharism (an Islam-esque monotheism)

Background: Following the preachings of one Jalal Takhar, the people of Shal-an-Jahaq (Qubuqtahar's capital) split into two rough bands. The middle and working classes choosing allegiance with the upstart (whom many saw as the first Takharist Prophet) and the small percentage of town elders seeking to uphold the status quo (an atheist council of themselves).

Unfortunately for the leaders, the revolution was a crushing success, with people joining the Takharist forces marching on the town centre whilst the city guards refused to attack the mob (as, in most cases, it included many friends and family).

The elders were forced into exile, with those unable to flee falling prey to the (lack of) mercy of the mob.

Jalal then consolidated his powerbase, establishing a class for the priesthood (which had much more influence than the middle-classes, but significantly less than the state) and building many fine temples to allow proper worship for the "Sultan above" (the "Sultan" being revered so highly that his title is incorporated into the nation's name itself).

Unfortunately, Jalal passed away after 13 noble years of rule. A council of the most esteemed Takharist priests has been established to govern, however they are required by law to stand down upon the arrival of the next Takharist prophet.

The Sultanate of Qubuqtahar is noticeable due to it's complete lack of diversity of livestock: the residents often go through their entire lives without seeing a cow, pig, sheep or donkey. Instead, they rely on horses as beasts of burden, and, when they cannot get smaller mammalian prey (such as rabbits or otters) a source of food.

Llamas are also abundant, however they frolic freely through the streets, as they are seen as a sacred animal to the Takharists, annually providing the woolen fleeces which make Winter living far more bearable in the largely tree-less and, as a result, fairly windswept land.

Again out of interest how will different types of terrain and terrain quality be decided? Dice rolls or player choice, with you toning it down if required? I had a tile but I accidentally saved it as a JPEG, vile thing. Mine should be up in a couple of minutes.

On your tile, you can do ANYTHING. It can be a lump of ice if you so wish.

I'll have the headache of nitting them together ;)

Oh, and don't worry about quality, as i said I am still to create the map once you have made your tiles.

Green= Currently forested fertile land enriched by river alluvium.
Dark Green= Normal rougher grassland, still fairly heavily wooded but not pure forest like the green.
Grey= Alpine, mountainous terrain.

EDIT: mgsmuhammad your post is a JPEG, which can be annoying to edit, so I marked your place on mine and saved mine as a PNG. Abby seems cool with the JPEG so I don't think there's any need for you to redo your tile, unless you really want to.

EDIT 2: Ignore the mountainous foothill when making the final version or shift it to a better position. It doesn't quite make sense where it is.

Anything atop that tile, i'd kinda expect it to be coastal?

Also, while it will be perfectly livable.. i will do a sort of earth climate, so the top of "A" and the bottom of "D" will be cold, if not ice/snow.

A horse and a man: above, below
One has a plan, but both must go
Mile after mile, above, beneath
One has a smile, and one has teeth
Though the man above might say hello
Expect no love from the beast below
- A loose translation of an ancient Merfolk nursery rhyme, about something living below even them.

Spoiler :

Fantastic! A whole new dimension, more than welcome! :)

I never stated the climate. Coniferous forests and tundra are what are represented on the map then. I might change the colours to be more suitable and I'll add a frozen coastline.

I will be lurking, filling out a template tomorrow methinks when I am less exhausted.

Good! Care to claim a tile?

I think I will cap this game at 8 players. Ensure I have a greater chance of regualr updates for you guys.

I claim the second tile on the "four", column. With this, I will complete the sea/lake/etc and make a land of wandering forests, bountiful plains, and foothills and mountains. I will provide an MSpaint example soon and edit it into the post.

There are letters down the left hand side..

I'm surprised no-ones going as fantasy as I expected.. I suppose Haseri did..

If it is possible, I would like to also work on tile 5B, since I believe I have seen players creating multiple tiles. It if is indeed possible and permitable, my plans for tile 5B are as follows:

A land through which a river runs, dominated by fertile agricultural land in the river delta, but leading to plains in the west where it meets tile 4B. In the east, let a chain of forests surround the land, an ample source of lumber.

I shall design a culture to inhabit these tile(s), shortly.

Feel free to doodle that up in MSpaint.

Noone has done more than one tile, but I was going to allow it with more time anyway.

Abby don't worry, I'm going to try to recreate Midgard in my tile. With the ljosalfar, the dvergar, the svartalfar, maybe the jotnar, and of course the brave Norse warriors (me). My Norse warriors in the capital city, the jotnar in the other city, the dvergar and the svartalfar in the mountains and the ljosalfar in the bountiful forests. Fantasy enough? If we can have more than one tile now that would make life easier? I could cram the dvergar, svartalfar and the jotnar into another tile and spread the load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom