AbNESVII .•°*”˜ The Many Coloured Lands ˜”*°•.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expressing interest in this. Limited starting zones are cool by me. Once I know where I can start, I will be making my own nation.

Glad to have you aboard my man, hope my NES can last as long as some of yours have! :)

Are you going to let yourself create lots of NPCs to make city states like areas etc...? By 500bc the mediterranean sea was already fully navigated with Greek and Phoenician colors all around etc... Most were free cities. Also many different states everywhere and only major empire at the time was Persia. (in the area).

What year will we start in?

Corsica/Sardinia area please!

I am fine with starting zones. I'd like somewhere on the mediterranean, please. (perhaps Rome, though I wont be Rome itself)

Are you going to let yourself create lots of NPCs to make city states like areas etc...? By 500bc the mediterranean sea was already fully navigated with Greek and Phoenician colors all around etc... Most were free cities. Also many different states everywhere and only major empire at the time was Persia. (in the area).

What year will we start in?

I will create NPC's (any players create muchly appreciated!) as well as there be a fair number of free cities abound.

With things still fluid we will start in "An era where ships are still pretty lousy and men use bronze-Age" with some big BT#s until "Ships traversing the med and some trade beyond-Age" within a few updates, and from there we will go into 10year long updates, probably.

Corsica/Sardinia area please!

Please fill out the template posted at the start of the thread.

Nation Name / Player Name
Colour:

It would be grand to have you playing Chukchi!

Glad to have you aboard my man, hope my NES can last as long as some of yours have! :)

I would rather it last LONGER than any of mine.

Making my nation now.

Sagenta / Milarqui
Government: Council of Elders
Colour: Red Blood
Background: Many hundreds of years ago, the people of what is now called Sagenta lived in caves and other natural refuges. All the caves had a great meeting every year, to be able to discuss things that affected the whole community.
With time, the place where the caves met started to have several permanent structures built, such as a building where the Elders met, and that would be the eventual center of government of the nation, or the temple where the people started to pray for Mother Nature to help them in their attempts to survive. Those permanent structures eventually gave way to a small town where some people lived, those that mantained the temple and meeting building.
Slowly, more people came to live, first to bring food to the people that had been living there previously, then the town became a trading hub for the caves, and slowly the town became a city, as more houses were built. The caves would be influenced by the development of the city, as people started to come out of there, building their towns around the caves, which would become the sacred places for the people. By the time Cita Sagenta (the name of the city) had grown to become big enough, everybody looked up to Cita Sagenta to lead them towards greatness.

Watching with interest; agitating against cradle starts.

Messene / erez87
Colour: Royal Blue
Background: The Messene tribes of Illyria have found themselves in decay for many decades now. Slowly but surely they were being pushed out of their teritories by other greater tribes until they could take it no more. In a great diaspora across the sea the Messene immigrated and settled in a new place, the heel of Italy. Here the Messene live peacful lives, trade with the environment around them, and are never pushed out anymore. Slowly their tribal culture develops.

Great, more sign ups :)

I will be allowing you to start whereever you like, but those in the usual starting areas will start with a better economy.

Aostra / DarthNader
Colour: Brown
Background: The Aosts plied the waves for many centuries, becoming the rulers of the many islands in the region. Many years ago, a massive storm destroyed many of Aostra's mighty ships, stranding the people to one island. Without boats to fish and to maintain the territories, much of their lands were lost. Several years of relative isolation taught the people to rely more on their home island for what they needed...but the creation of new boats allowed them to slowly return to the sea. Now able to control the waves once more, the Aosts look to regain its lost territories to bring honor and prestige back to their civilization.

I am seeing lots of "Background: Coming Soon" :p

Eruar / LDiCesare
Colour: Dark Blue
Background: Tribes of shepherds from the eastern mountains, called the Erulla, once moved into the valley of the two rivers. There they met some farmers who dwelt there (the Ninnuar) and fought some wars until the shepherds got the upper hand and eventually became assimilated. This led to a society with a clear separation between a nobility of former shepherds and a peasantry. Although people intermingled a lot and nooneis of pure Erulla or Ninnuar descent, nobles still boast about their Erulla origins. They will claim that their bigger size, darker hair and whatnot proves their noble ancestry.

Welcome LDiCesare :)

I think from 10 players I will "launch"

I am going to Amsterdam for the weekend, so there will be no progress then.. so don't worry if I don't get chance to reply. Service will resume on the tuesday.

Nah, i've pm'd a mod to change the title, so this will be THE thread :)

#Edit: Also I would love for this thread to get nice and long, so any comments, questions, posts etc is awesome and will be rewarded in the update ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom