About All Our Issues With the Civ3 AI...

Ozymandias

In Terra Fantasia
Supporter
Meh... For the most part I haven't found any of that person's criticisms to be the case. I'm having a blast playing VI, in addition, many of the limitations I found in Civ III modding/gameplay have been eliminated. Are there some issues, especially with the AI? Sure, but we're talking about an un-patched Vanilla release less than a month on the market. I mean even w/o a proper mod-kit release yet, some of the things you can do are already amazing. And, comparing it to essentially previous Civ games that have had multiple patches/expansions I think is unfair. While their criticisms/opinions are valid, I tend to believe some of that is due to not understanding how to play the game under the new mechanics/engine.

Meh... For the most part I haven't found any of that person's criticisms to be the case. I'm having a blast playing VI, in addition, many of the limitations I found in Civ III modding/gameplay have been eliminated. Are there some issues, especially with the AI? Sure, but we're talking about an un-patched Vanilla release less than a month on the market. I mean even w/o a proper mod-kit release yet, some of the things you can do are already amazing. And, comparing it to essentially previous Civ games that have had multiple patches/expansions I think is unfair. While their criticisms/opinions are valid, I tend to believe some of that is due to not understanding how to play the game under the new mechanics/engine.

TY! I've been debating whether or not to buy VI. Might I bother you for some of the modding details (if you're up for it, maybe it's best to PM me, as this would take us seriously OT.)

Top Bottom