About Archaelogical Dig Sites: Barbarian counts as "foreign", to theming bonuses?

migalhone

Monarch wannabe
Hi.

Just wanted to know if a Barbarian artifact, created by an Archaelogist, counts as "foreign" when it comes to theming bonuses.

Does anyone has an educated guess?

I would hope so, would make it a bit easier too.

I'm honestly baffled by this, because if i create a barbarian artifact, then trade that said artifact to another civ, what would the artifact become?
Would it change to my civ?
The other civ?
Or remain barbarian and not count to the theming bonuses?

No works "change" ethnicities, a Brazilian Mona Lisa, if traded to Shaka, will remain a Brazilian Mona Lisa, and if you trade your Polish Water Lillies for Mona Lisa, you will get a Brazilian Mona Lisa.

I would assume, seeing as City States also get artifacts with their ethnicites, that those two groups (City States and Barbs) would count as "Seperate Civ".

I'm honestly baffled by this, because if i create a barbarian artifact, then trade that said artifact to another civ, what would the artifact become?
Would it change to my civ?
The other civ?
Or remain barbarian and not count to the theming bonuses?

When an artifact/great work is created then it has a civ identified with it... that civ that is identified with never changes

For an artifact
1. You might have a choice when you make it (ie if it is a battle artifact)
2. It can include CS civs
3. It has been seen to include the barbarian civ [may have changed]

Who owns the artifact now or owned it in the past has no effect on it.

If it's a 'barbarian battle', wouldn't the artifact correspond to whoever was fighting the barbarians? This would make the most sense to me.

If it's a 'barbarian battle', wouldn't the artifact correspond to whoever was fighting the barbarians? This would make the most sense to me.

Possible, but I think I remember seeing the option of "barbarian artifact" or "some civ artifact"

It is definitely possible, that barbs don't count.

Possible, but I think I remember seeing the option of "barbarian artifact" or "some civ artifact"

It is definitely possible, that barbs don't count.

I recall seeing the option for barbarian artifacts as well.

Guys, just to clarify, i posted this to know if anyone has a clue regarding the issue: Curating (holding a GW in a GW slot) barbarian items count to the "theming bonuses" of GW buildings?

EDIT: Ok, i'm struggling with the best way to present the question. I'll try to be as clear as possible.

Let's say i've just hit Archaeology and built an archaeologist. I'm playing with Songhai, have built the Louvre. AFAIK, to get the Louvre's theming bonuses, each slot has to be filled with a GW from a different Era, and from a different Civ.
Already have the following in my slots:

- A Great Writer's GW, from Classical Greece;
- A Great Musician's GW, from Renaissance Iroquois;
- A Great Artist's Work of Art, from Medieval Songhai;

Now, i'm finishing the archaeological dig site, and get the options for Songhai artifact, Barbarian artifact or Build Landmark.

IF i choose the "barbarian artifact" option, and place it on the Louvre, will i get the theming bonus?

Top Bottom