About City Acquired Stability

RZR

Chieftain
Hello!

Recently I decided to hop back into this amazing mod that I haven't played in many years. Started a game as Armenia and I'm loving it.

However one thing is bothering me a lot about the Stability hit on released cities. Seeing that there's still activity here in the subforum I decided to show my issue and maybe someone can help me to change the code to fit my opinion.

So, my issue is the following: Whenever I conquer a city and then give it back to its former ruler, I get a permanent penalty to stability. And when I say former ruler, I mean the one that had that city before the civ that took it from him. I'll explain with the example from my game:

I'm Armenia, and I decided to fight the Byzantine war against the Rum by getting mercs and suiciding them against the Rum to grab the cities he conquered and give them back to Byzantium. I thought that was a noble thing, and the byzantines seem to become very happy with me by doing this.

However everytime I either give him a city through the diplo screen, or I just give him back by the pop up that appears on City Conquest, I get a very substantial hit to my stability, and that's permanent.

I actually don't mind getting a stability hit by doing this, so long it's temporary. But IMO, this should at least not incur in any penalty, or rather give me stability for doing so for I'm liberating territory and releasing it to its former owner.

By getting a perma stability penalty, I'm not encouraged to regain cities that were captured by the enemy of my ally, so helping him in a war becomes much harder for I must just kill troops and let him conquer the cities.

So I went to the Stability.py, and found the OnCityAcquired function, and I'm having a hard time trying to decipher where it's doing that and how I can change it to suit better my vision of this aspect.

Anyone can lend a hand?

Thanks!

Top Bottom