About horses...

Brugarin

Warlord
I've read a few comments about people wanting horseback riders to come into play. Now I wouldn't dismiss that idea, but i believe the people would be more inclined to eat those horses rather than ride them. I mean horeseback riders could work as some sort of UU for some more nature-loving civs, while for the others would function like a basic food resource. (giving more :food: and :health: with road) Or some factions could research a tech that would give the horse resource give +1 :hammers: and -1 :food: and enabling the horseback rider unit.

I guess you might not have encountered horses in your first game. Please note that there are horse-mounted units in Fury Road. BTW, for an interesting surprise, please send a lone scout to explore the horse resource square. Today the horse unit is available to all, but there are suggestions for several UU's which would be customized versions in the UU thread.

Horses actually make a lot of sense in a post-apocalyptic world, as most survivors are people from the rural areas and people from deserts and steppes have a lot of horses, like the Mongols. I think it was very strange how Fallout had no horses, but they had Brahmin. Simply didn't make sense to me, they would be better than brahmins to pull carts. There's a lack of pasture, although the desert in Fallout wans't 100% a desert in the traditional sense. Capital Wasteland looked like a steppe, though.

Also, since this mod is based on Australia, what about camels as resources and units? Australia has a sizable population of feral camels, taming those animals would be a great progress, maybe even a separate tech. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_feral_camel I think that camels are much more adapted to the Australian climate than horses.

Yep, just noticed the lancers. Mistery solved. :)

I think it was very strange how Fallout had no horses, but they had Brahmin.
As you remember, all the land turned into wasteland, and I believe there was a time when it was even worse, and what we see in Fallout is a somewhat stabilized world with basic ecosystem, however after the war it was much worse and horses basically didn't survive (Brahmin are an exception, they were able to adapt but got a very strange "mutation"; you don't see any big modern animals except of them, others appeared after the apocalypse).

Top Bottom