About making games longer

plus

Warlord
Hi all,
I play civ5 for few years now and since i always prefered long games i tried all there is,epic,marathon,mods.
I found out out theres only one mod that truely delivers and that is the extended eras mod+few tweaks of my own.
I'll explain.
If u take the mod dynamic eras for example,this mod lets u streach eras,but it has one major fault,it kills the ai.cause in civ5 tech beakers are connected to economy,for u and the ai.
So for every gold in deficit its one beaker less in science.i found that around medieval ai is in such a deficit it makes 0 science,due to all units it produce,and from there its a clear win for me.
Now,im not a modder,but i really think extended eras solves that problem,also i was able to change paramaters in it,for example only 25% gold or science prod instead of 75 which is waay too much.also increased science cost some more and still avoid the 1 tech per turn issue..
This mod allows for around 20 turns per tech all the way,while keeping ai at same lvl as u.
Tried it on large map 9 ai 9 cs,amazing results,monty was ahead till the modern era,only than i equalized in tech..massive wars,massive empires,no happiness issues at all after 20+ cities and big ones..really recommend!

Top Bottom