1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

About the Borg

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, May 25, 2009.

1. deanej

deanej Chieftain

EDIT: forget this, I decided to go with the Borg modmod after looking at it again.

2. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

Cool, thanks for picking my overpowered Borg. :D

3. hansdampf

hansdampf Chieftain

Well, my personal opinion is that having the Borg in a "normal" Star Trek game as a player race, just doesn´t work. These guys are supposed to be a million year old civ with the assimilation knowledge of countless other civs.
    Having the Cube appear like just another Space Monster, would´ve made more sense.

Birth of the Federation, played that nicely. Once the cube appeared you better take you´re WHOLE fleet to meet it, and pray for it going down WITH 90% of your fleet.

The only way a Borg race makes sense, is if they would be the surviving Drones of a crashed and disconnected Borg ship. Or in a 27th(?) century(Voyager final Ep) scenario.

Just my 2 cents.

4. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Well, they couldn't have started out that way, could they? And I can definitely advise you to try out apenpaap's version.;)

5. nutz4dos

nutz4dos Chieftain

Maybe they could be an unplayable race, like a barbarian civ that only appears late game and can only capture systems. That would justify them being horrifically overpowered. Even the existing Borg are too broken to be useful in a fair game.

6. volbound1700

volbound1700 Emperor

You need to have Species 109 (is that right?) to counter the Borg. Make their ships really effective against Borg ships.

7. WarriorZeus

WarriorZeus Reborn in War

You need to have Species 109 (is that right?) to counter the Borg. Make their ships really effective against Borg ships.

You mean Species 8472??, the ones in the Voyager series that essentially would have annihilated the Borg were it not for Voyager sticking its nose it at exactly the right time, place and part of the war... (i am not a sceptic at all am I)

8. Bill Bisco

Bill Bisco Callous Calling

There's nothing wrong with having the Borg Civilization, the problem is that this mod like FFH tries to pigeonhole every civ along the same tech paths. For instance, it really makes no sense for the Borg to follow the Path of Total Logic or the Warrior Code. The Borg shouldn't need to build Monuments or the Lost temple of B'hala.

Really, this breaks the feel of the game. They really need their own tech paths and stuff separate from other people to make them feel borg-like. And, it's ok for them to be overpowered. You can simply give them an AI diplomacy penalty to everyone else or something.

Peace,
    Bill