About the new screenshots...

remconius

Deity
I think the recent screenshots are looking better and better. The city screen is much less cluttered and looking crisp now.

There is one thing I am noticing:

ICONS and loads of them.

In the map view:
->Top centre of the screen. There are some kind of icons where the science tracker also is, so I am guessing advances.
->On the top right, below the year, there is a range of icons, for the F1-F10 keys to get overviews.
->Bottom middle to give unit orders or build orders.
->Bottom right around the map there is a number of odd looking icons to set map options probably.

In the city screen there is a range of information in icons, but I also noticed some icons on the lower right, left of the map. What is that? Seems to be to get better overview of the resources in the city screen.

I guess it will get some getting used to, but I do hope the shortcut keys will also still work F1-F10, and all the other familiar ones.

I also wonder how they will get a manual together when the screens are still changing less than a month before release.

They will probably have roll over help.

Things in the screenshoots are changing a little to quickly. I suspect that the version that we saw first was least a few months old as they would not have time neither would it be practical to release the latest build. I think the latest version looks even better that these screens they seem to be polishing it and most likely is a few weeks old.

Some improvements I noticed
-Cleaner Terrain (Graphic)
-Nicer looking leader heads
-The city screen is taking shape.
-Unit recruiting seem to be correct. Before you could see medival unit togheter with modern units

So what are thos icons at the top center of the screen? Are they advances you've already found? advances that are available?

Hypotetion:
They play as Russia, yet the 'Great Scientist' they got, is named Zu Ghong Zi. Either they

1. have not yet named the Great Leaders or

2. Great Persons are now bound to tech or in a 'pool' (and get chosen randomly). This would allow to treat them better in the civiliopedia, but it would take flavour away (Zu Ghong Zi as a Russian? I doubt it).

mfG mitsho

Matte979 said:
Some improvements I noticed
-Cleaner Terrain (Graphic)
-Nicer looking leader heads
-The city screen is taking shape.
-Unit recruiting seem to be correct. Before you could see medival unit togheter with modern units

Yeah, the terrain is much crisper with more detail.
Leaderheads look crisper too.
City screen is much nicer looking then in the old Beta screenshot (I think it was a leaked beta shot).

And I think you can play in higher resolution then that.

Im gonna play in 1280*1024 if I can, since thats what my LCD Display's native resolution is.

What is the 100% Russian you can see at the bottom left of the screens ? My guess is that it relates to the number of Russian citizen in a Russian city...

Grey Fox said:
Yeah, the terrain is much crisper with more detail.

yes. and is it just me or are terrain elevations more differentiated, meaning less even with more bumps, you know what i mean?

Masquerouge said:
What is the 100% Russian you can see at the bottom left of the screens ? My guess is that it relates to the number of Russian citizen in a Russian city...

People can migrate if they like your culture I think.

that woul be acool feature. your cities could grow by culture as well as food (you would need enough food to support the new citizens). also, i presume your citizens could emigrate if they disliked you (this concept could replace culture-flipping somewhat)

Hey guys compare the screenshots of May with the ones of this month. In particular, have a look at the rivers and the "seams" between tiles. Major improvement!

As has been mentioned, they're probably even way cooler than we are seeing now. We are probably getting screenshots that are weeks, maybe even months old.

One thing is for certain, Civ4 will be the most immersive experience ever!

Attachments

• compare.JPG
    compare.JPG
    21.3 KB · Views: 169
Hey is there a way to build in that tiny island in the river of the right screengrab???

You know what would eb cool is to build waterway tollbooths and collect some trade income from it!

Masquerouge said:
I think I saw that type of thing on non-city tiles. I interpreted it to mean the distribution of cultural influences on that tile. There was another screenshot that showed a map overlay of cultural influences. I figure there might be some tiles that are 50% English, 30% German, and 20% French (for example), with control thus being granted to the English, but tenuously so, in order to indicate the potential for a future flip.

If thats true then one of De-Epics points in "A bigger picture for civ IV" got in!

Top Bottom