1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

About This Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Star Trek Mod' started by deanej, Oct 27, 2008.

1. deanej

deanej Chieftain

This mod* is a total conversion of Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword to Star Trek. You can play as one of 14 Star Trek civilizations, starting with a "city" and a deep space probe and are tasked with building a civilization to stand the test of time. Like the Final Frontier scenario for BtS, there are space features such as black holes, asteroids, and solar systems. Unlike Final Frontier, concepts such as Great People, unique units, etc. are back in the game**. This mod also has scenarios such as Deep Space Nine and Xindi Attack that let you play out specific events in the Star Trek universe.

*This is actually a mod-mod of the Final Frontier scenario. But is has its own mod-mods, so let's just call it a mod to keep things simple, OK?

**Corporations and random events are not in the game.

Attached Files:

2. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

what does the high quality feasurus thing
    i try before and after no diference
    it go to xlm/civilazation right

3. deanej

deanej Chieftain

It changes the Fesarius unit art to Jaydn's high quality model. It slowed down my video card when I tested it on my computer which is why it's separate (without it you get a crappy retexture of the borg sphere made by me). When I get my new laptop I'll test it again and if it doesn't slow anything down I'll post a poll to see what the results are here to decide if I want to include it by default.

Yes that is the right spot. Only in the main mod though, as others have their own versions of the file (but no First Federation either, so no need for a separate version).

4. Jaydn

Jaydn Chieftain

Yeah sorry, I guess making the models on a zippy computer doesn't do much for others. My efforts on making a low-poly model didn't work well.

5. deanej

deanej Chieftain

6. Autolycus

Autolycus Chieftain

Can we get one of the halfway ethical admirals, or one of the more popular enterprise captains in as a leader for the federation in the next version. It's hard to be motivated to be the good guys, when their only leaders are idiots.:)

7. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I included Leyton to provide a different take on the Federation (like how in BtS we have Alexander and Pericles, or Qin and Mao). Pressman as implemented right now is more like a generic Admiral. I could change him to Ross if there's demand for it; not really looking to add a fourth leader (for any civ).

8. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

<Advertisement>
    My Star Trek Expanded modmod adds Sisko, Picard, Kirk, Janeway, Khan, and the Federation President from TUC as Federation leaders.
    </Advertisement>

9. os79

os79 Chieftain

Hello,

I finally settled to play Star Trek mod a bit recently. First off, I have a fairly good computer (3 GB RAM, athleon x64 duo, windows xp, ati radeon 1250). When I play other mods with usual civs, I play about 18 or less civs maps and the turns are fairly fast till later in game, with Rise of Mankind 1/4 slower. Not bad. However, when I play Star Trek mod, the lag time got horrible! I even tried to go down to 12 civs and the lag time gets bad fast. Is that normal?

10. deanej

deanej Chieftain

Yes, there is more lag. A lot of the Final Frontier code is in python, which means that it's compiled whenever it runs.

11. apenpaap

apenpaap Tsar of all the Internets

A trick you can use for playing with a lot of civs but keeping the lag down is to play on Standard or large, and put Solar Dydtems, Features and Hostile Features each on very dense. Like this, you can comfortably fit 10-14 civs on smaller maps. The only thing it cuts is empty space, so that isn't so bad.

12. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

I've tried 70+ turns of the Euegenics scenarios, but not much is happening. (One barb city was conquered and Khan declared war on a neighbour.) Are the any events supposed to happen to trigger the Egenics Wars?

13. deanej

deanej Chieftain

I was hoping that the aggressive AI would do that part itself but it seems like it doesn't. I may have to add random DOWs.

14. jfby

jfby Chieftain

I had a quick question: are space wreckages supposed to give out alien vessels? I had my exploration probe find two before I even researched Warp 5 tech. It is a very powerful vessel that early in the game.

15. deanej

deanej Chieftain

1 strength/move with a free combat 1 is very powerful? They have identical stats to warp 5 ships with an aggressive leader.

16. jfby

jfby Chieftain

The ships that were spawning in my game were 7 strength with 3 movement.

17. deanej

deanej Chieftain

From the goody huts? Those were the old stats of the unit, changed in a recent patch.

18. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

please when i install 3.19 i lost the art pak files
    i dont want the whole 512 mb mod
    can you post the art.pak files only please

19. deanej

deanej Chieftain

The art files take up at least half of that 512 mb, but they at least get a decent compression ratio. Unfortunately I don't have the greatest internet access in the world (especially on Sundays, when everyone is accessing the internet) nor the time to upload them.

20. Pablod

Pablod Chieftain

were is the list of changes to 3.0