1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Absence Registry

Discussion in 'Team Doughnut' started by DaveShack, Sep 10, 2005.

1. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

Use this thread to let the team know when you'll be unavailable. Mainly this is for elected officials and people who are acting like officials, but anyone is free to tell us when they will be gone.

2. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I will be gone 9/12 thru 9/13.

3. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

do you have a deputy? if not, perhaps appoint one for this period?

4. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

so your the only nominee (so far) i think you should take over for the two days

5. Robi D

Robi D Minister of (Dis)Order

I'm sorry to have to say my computer hard drive died today. It going to take me a few weeks to get up and running again. I have sent PM's to KISS and MIA informing them of my situation and to deal with killercane directly. I will be able to check in once or twice a week from firends computers but nothing regularly.

6. killercane

killercane Deity

I will be going out of town on Wednesday with speculative internet access, so someone may have to take over for a few turns.

7. Aigburth

Aigburth Sea Dog

Well it looks like Robi D is out of action at the moment and Kuningas has not checked in. If need be I can play the turns, I am a competent single player, playing at demigod, but I have never played multi-player.

I will wait as long as possible after the next save comes in before playing, how long do you expect to be away?

With regards to the currrent plans, I have just had a very quick look at the pre turn 148 save, this seems to be the impression I get: -

1) build markets, libraries, MW's and aquaducts where neccersary in non currupt cities.
    2) build settlers and workers in corrupt cities.
    3) settlers to ICS jungle area and maybe also northwest of the jungle.
    4) gather all units in vbraunopolis? were any attacks being planned soon?
    5) move MGL to a city away from front line and form army, leaving empty for cavs.
    6) 100% tax to continue for a few more turns
    7) MW in NW scouting for any stray TNT units?

That's all I can think of for now, gotta go watch England v Sweden down the pub.

Edit: England 2 : 2 Sweden and a few pints of Ale consumed :beer:
    remembered there is a settler heading towards saltpeter, what is the intended settling location?

8. killercane

killercane Deity

Pretty much right on, I leave Thursday. Move the MGL not too far from the front line and form the army, maybe NE of the Forbidden Palace city. Once the MWs are accumulated near Vbraun, move on the west TNT city, as it should have the least resistance per current intelligence. TNT attacked Banana and killed everything but 4 Immortals, so TNT will probably reinforce there and leave the other two cities lightly defended.

On the tech front, we are waiting for KISS to send metals, which we will exchange for Physics with MIA. We need to pay MIA 1400 gold for banking at some point, all other bills are paid and they are happy. When we get physics, we need to do whatever MIA is not doing (probably Magnetism) and trade that for Theory of Gravity and MT with KISS.

There will be some settlers moving toward the silks and to continue to ICS the jungle. We need to road the marsh by Mauch Chunk for MIA to connect to our trade network sometime soon (and give us some silks). Use the gold to rush settlers and workers which we urgently need.

9. dl123654

dl123654 King

After a long vacation from civ3 (or rather I got civ3 back from my friend) I'm back. Have been keeping track daily but didn't want to give input because I didn't have the game. After one practice demigod game I'm rdy to give input again.