Absence thread

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
ABSENCE THREAD

Please sticky this, and only post here if you are telling you are away for some time.

Gentlemen

A promising business venture has shown itself in Marbella Spain, and I got to fly this morning (Wednesday) at short notice. I will be gone to Sunday, but can resume duties as turnplayer from Monday next week towards the end of that week.

I would like someone to step in during my absence, any takers?

I'm ok with anyone on the team doing it; and I could check in at least once a day from Wednesday till whenever is convenient with you either if no one else wants a shot at it.

Hope the trip goes well.

Earthling, I am happy to let you handle the set, as we all agree on the outline strategy.

The warrior explores the South in a half circle, evading the Western coast that will be covered by Workboat.

We are researching agriculture for some time and building a worker.

Practically, it is the scouting job, the reporting of turns and screenies as well as demographics analysis on a running scale. Finally, it is odd posting and log-in behavior of the teams and in particular turnplayers. The Ancient Era is more like double blind intelligence gathering.

Right. Depends on the pace things are moving though, I can certainly handle it at a reasonable, 1-3 turns a day-ish though.

But I'm more than happy if anyone else on the team wants a go too; or even couldn't hurt to have a few people able to log in - both to know how to log in (by the way, players new to Pitboss - PLEASE DON'T FORGET the rule of thumb/requirement to exit to main menu, not desktop. I don't know if any of us Q have logged in besides Provo, so we'll say it was some other team that caused the current game crash ;)- but anyway see the main forum's stickied thread and just remember that. Otherwise I'm happy with whomever logging in for info/screenshots they want etc...)

Lastly - well since we don't have a perfect ongoing discussion thread I was going to mention - anyone who's got cool ideas as far as naming cities/units/land features/other flavor stuff you're more than welcome to speak up now. Name our first mountain range, or creative names/ideas for other stuff/etc... I think a nice adaptation would be getting every player at least a city of their own by the time the empire gets that big - again, not in a gameplay sense of random crazy building stuff different in each city - but the naming/"governorship" etc... I'm in no hurry myself and need to work on ideas anyway but I know we have a great team full of eager people so you're more than welcome too!

tl;dr - once again see you back soon Provolution, we'll be fine, and for others on the team I'm happy with whomever wants to turnplay or if no one is able to step up soon/tomorrow I can do it too.

Gentlemen

A promising business venture has shown itself in Marbella Spain, and I got to fly this morning (Wednesday) at short notice. I will be gone to Sunday, but can resume duties as turnplayer from Monday next week towards the end of that week.

I would like someone to step in during my absence, any takers?
Awesome!

Nah, I haven't had a look yet. Where are the server details?? THe password I know, but without the IP addy I gots nothing :(

Its there, first page of the thread, first post. (Stickied main forum)

If anyone gets to the next turn first before later today (gtg right now) then that's great, have fun. I'll log in sometime anyway just to check up that it's working for me too but more than happy for RegentMan to do this if he's got time. Don't know how fast the other teams are taking turns but we'll be ok I think.

Back again, now a bit sunscorched as well. Good business too.

It's a little after the fact, but fishing season has started where I live which keeps me pretty busy. I'm not absent per se, but I won't be able to check in all that often.

Realized this was after the fact too - I wasn't a turnplayer and said elsewhere I think, but have been away a few days - and anyway am back and glad to see the team doing great now anyway.

I cannot continue as the turnplayer in good confidence, as we have lost way too many turns now. I understand that those of you who are still with me here don't have the time to help out with turnplaying, so it is important for the team that we have a dedicated turn player who can play out the rest of the turns in a proper manner. I have a heavy workschedule in real life (new website that I'm working on, while also maintaining two websites that needs heavy updating by the respective clients), and I do not wish for the current situation with all these lost turns to continue based on that. I do not know when I am done with the current projects, so I would rather sign off as the turn player and let someone with more time take the job than continue losing us turns and points.

I'm sorry guys, but I must say that I have really enjoyed this while I had the opportunity to do it, and I hope that if we get a new MTDG that I can be a part of the turn player roster for whatever team I sign up for as I now have gained valuable experience with turnplaying. I will continue to check in with my opinions unless the team more or less defaults due to being unable to find a substitute turn player. :-(

Top Bottom