1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Absolute FINAL Victory Poll

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Demo Game VI: Polls' started by RegentMan, Jun 26, 2005.

?

Victory?

Poll closed Jul 2, 2005.
  1. By Culture

46.2%
  2. By Domination

38.5%
  3. By Other (Please Post)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Abstain

15.4%
  1. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Win by culture? Win by domination? Pick one, and forever hold your peace; this is the final tally.

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

all this pressure

3. zyxy

zyxy Warmongering Fool

This is ridiculous. What will we get next? The really absolutely final poll ? :lol:

No offense intended, but: if you don't get your way, live with it. Endless repolling is childish, and in this case actually disenfranchises those who voted in the previous poll.

I am not voting. Tired of this. Sorry.

4. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

This is like DG4 (I think) where we kept repolling city sites....

5. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Well, I want to be sure, because the last couple of discussions are saying otherwise. Most of the posters have been against culture, and if one is really quite passionate about winning via culture, then one posts in its defense.

6. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Well also, if people really want their way, then they'll vote for the same option each and every time. So if all of your culture-supporters want to win via culture, they will vote for culture every time, no matter how many repolls. Plus, it gives people the chance to change their minds.

Endless repolling? This is what... the third poll? Do you think that I'm going to create a new poll right after this one if domination loses? With the poll title stating "FINAL" in big capital letters, it wouldn't be very prudent to do so.

7. classical_hero

classical_hero In whom I trust

Please vote for Culture. This is the way that the game should finish, not this way that the rebels want.

So how should this poll be approached?
    I would say that if the votes are tied, then Culture should win because it has two previous polls that went that way. And if that does go that way, then we will have do disband the cultural buildings in Gordium, because we will then be going against the peoples wishes.

8. Chieftess

In the words of Trip, the random historian observer of games - "You guys [the game in general] have multiple personality disorder!"

(brackets mine)

In other words, How many polls will it take to put this thing to rest? Like DG4, we decide to go one way, then change at the last moment, and change again. Maybe I should delay this turnchat just so the people can be sure... again...

9. classical_hero

Delay the TC because we need to get this settled.

10. Provolution

Provolution Sage of Quatronia

Vote Domination, this game has long outlived itself.

11. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

I am going to abstain as well.

I think that people may have misinterpreted my original intent when I brought this to light. I am not lobbying for a Domination victory, and do not wish to negate the results of previous polls.

We just need to find a different way to offset our expansion to get the cultural victory that the people voted on. Are there any cities we can gift back to their original owners as a goodwill gesture?

12. classical_hero

NO! All the cities we have taken are from enemies that are dead. To win by Culture we must either disband all cultural buildings in Gordium, disband the city, or gift it to one of our enemies, since we are at war with all of them.

13. Double Stack

Double Stack Prince

Sorry for sparking this issue but it been said for. Those that voted, the majority says to win by culture. So that the way it going to be. Even I voted against the win by culture because it being dragged out but one voter said to win by culture and not do it again. I thought about that comment and realize not to do that again without a Civilization that has a culture bonus (science/religion). SO next time, play Babylon for that. However, we set out to play the game as we intended, so let play it to the finish.

14. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

We are at war with enemies still? :rotfl:

Even if we do win by culture, what is the point? Culture by force? We are acting far too barbaric to be pursuing this type of victory condition.

Fact is, we were too greedy in the beginning and now we have this dilemma. If culture wins here and the results don't change in the other poll, you are in quite the precarious position. You had better take everything into account before sending your next instruction.

15. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

2 of the Civs we are at war with are our former allies - they declared on us. The remaining Civ (Byzantine) has been demanding stuff from us throughout the game, declaring war if we refuse them (as they did to start this one), and when we do have agreements with them they break them anyway.

16. Chieftess

And we both agree! :eek: We've started off being culture-less barbarians, the raiders from the south, toppling the strongest civ in the game! It's only in the past few centuries that we have been buiding temples and libraries in what? Shanty-towns?

17. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Deity

I agree here, if culture wins in this poll you still need to honor the other poll... meaning you need to find a way stop culture expansion without disbanding city improvements... unfortunately the only way to do this is to gift cities, but it looks like we have angered everyone...

the DP will be in a delimma trying to follow both of these polls

18. Chieftess

And if external doesn't want peace, then we're in a pickle...

Then there's another issue...

1 - Gifting would essentially be giving up the cultural improvements.
    2 - It would block our path to the front...

19. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

Abandoning is also an option. Gifting runs the risk that it will flip back to us.

edit: I would suggest that if Culture wins yet again we have another poll listing all the options of what to do to win by culture and yes, I think that should include selling the Library and Temple in Gordium again as when faced with all the options it may turn out to be least distasteful.

20. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Thus far it looks like culture is winning. If that's the case, then I ask for my vote in the Gordium poll to be changed from keeping its culture buildings to selling its culture buildings.