1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Accurate Maps

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Scenarios' started by FramedArchitect, Feb 28, 2015.

1. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

The mods can be used in any combination, the one exception being the Europe and World maps shouldn't be enabled at the same time.

2. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

I'm playing currently your AccurateEarth as Persia...

Just the "Accurate Earth" map file with not mod or other added content...

Edit : Request deleted

3. OREO_MOTOR

OREO_MOTOR Chieftain

There are only a few actual Civ 5 BNW modding tutorials on youtube. It would be great if you would do a weekly series!

4. corto

corto Chieftain

this is a newbie question perhaps, but where and how could I download recources expanded? i see no download link in steam page. thanks in advance:)

5. unfairlane

unfairlane Chieftain

I really do not get this; why bother making a great map like this without pre-placed civs exactly in the places where they should be, not spead randomly all over like it appears here

6. FramedArchitect

FramedArchitect Reluctant Modder

After selecting the map, tick the Load Scenario box, which will result in true start locations.

7. unfairlane

unfairlane Chieftain

Thanks, it kind of works now but it gives me only two leader-options, England or Morocco, nothing else..

8. ofmiciv5

ofmiciv5 Chieftain

I really love this map mod.

9. Frossa

Frossa Chieftain

I'm trying to use the dynamic city naming in my own mod, but I can't seem to get it to work. The game even successfully reads the modified Lua code, as is evident from the logs when attempting to found a City:
    Code:
    [2521065.218] dynamic city names: player attempting to settle:    0    Gustavus Adolphus
    [2521065.218] dynamic city names: player civ:    35    TXT_KEY_CIV_SWEDEN_SHORT_DESC
    The Cities don't get the geographically predetermined names though.

Here's a number of things that could be causing the error:
    - I removed some of the Regions (Australia, Oceania, Middle East) and combined others (North/South Asia and America are now just Asia and America, respectively), if that could possibly cause any issues?
    - The Regions only encompass parts of the map. Do they have to cover the entirety even if I only want dynamic city names in the parts of the world that are already accounted for?
    - The Lua file is imported into the game as a InGameUIAddin. Should it be something else?
    - In the Lua file at the very bottom, it says
    Code:
    local map = Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(PreGame.GetMapScript())
    if string.match(string.sub(map, 1, 14), "1415") then
        bValidMap = true
        print("City names initialized")
    end
    "1415" is the name of my map. Do I have to change anything else to have the code apply? Maybe the "1, 14" numbers?

Thank you for any help.

10. Equilin

Equilin Chieftain

Dynamic naming sometimes does not work, and sometimes the same tile gives different city names.

11. unfairlane

unfairlane Chieftain

Good work! Playing accurate europe and have only run into two complains so far.
    The Incas(!) started up in the old Babylonian Territory, had to remove them. No Kiev-Russians btw.
    And, can only stack one military unit garrisoned in each city, that is a game-killer. I am looking for a way to modify this right now

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  12. Spitfire8212

Spitfire8212 Chieftain

I really want to try it out, but how can i change the Game Pace and Difficulty, when i choose the Scenario, its always on Chieftain and Normal Game Pace. How can i change that in the Mod Files?

Also, how can i change the Start/End Date to make it work with "Ultimate Eras Mod" and "Future Worlds"?

Thank you

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019