1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Accusation of breaking deal I didn't make.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Bug Reports' started by Adjuvant, Nov 10, 2012.

1. Adjuvant

Adjuvant Emperor

I read about this months ago. I could have sworn it got patched out at some point, but I've experienced it twice in the last 3 days.

AI demands I stop settling/buying tiles near them, I say I'll settle where I please or none of your business, etc. I get diplomacy hit. Later dialogue leader says they are disappointed in me that I broke my word and I get new diplo hit.

By this time, the "old" diplo hits for honestly saying "I'm gonna do it anyway" have faded, so I guess the net effect is cosmetic, but a bit confusing and obviously buggy.

2. Juanholio

Juanholio Warlord

Confirmed. Just had this in a game as Sejong. Told by Askia I broke a boarder expansion promise. I did agree to stop settling near him much earlier but there was no dialogue about boarder expansion. I also hadn't bought any tiles - just normal cultural expansion.

I've attached a save for the turn this happened but on re-loading bug it didn't happen again.

3. Zwierzor

Zwierzor Chieftain

Bumping with details:

Bought two fields near Napoleon around 30-40th turn or so. When he came crying i told him to mind his own business. Did so because i remember this function being bugged since GaK. Meanwhile i got 'you kept your border promise' (?) message. 300 turns later he got a 'you made a promise to stop buying lands near them and you broke it!"

Got latest patch, 1.0.2.21 i believe (steam autoupdates all the games).
    I am using few mods, none of them meddling with AI scripts.