Acetone

Pokurcz

Emperor
If you are going to use a lot of acetone in a badly ventilated area you will of coarse use a gas mask.
The important thing is to get the appropriate filter, because the usual gas filter for ordinary paint jobs does not cut it, make sure you get the extra thick one that stops acetone, no matter what the stupid salesman claims about the other filters.

I'm dizzy with a headache!

Hmm...the joys of a solvent induced flush. I remember those from my organic chemistry laboratories. Us unworthy students had to work without mask and there were litres of this stuff spilled.
Unfortunately I must say that I did not find a thing to combat this headache. Not even beer helped.

Toluene is the main solvent in the stuff (30-60%), Acetone second (10-30%) and some other stuff, but it was the acetone that went through the filter.

It's a clear dope (2 liters) I am using to tense the fabric covering the kayak I am building in the basement, almost finished now, just gave it its first coat of paint not ten minutes ago.

And I used linseed oil on the wood, so basically I try to keep everything in airtight cans.

Acetone is used in perfumes too, and it makes me sick. Some day some woman will be very annoyed when I keep on running away from her... but I haven't had my plastic surgery yet.

Top Bottom