1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Acheron

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by Duruk, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Duruk

Duruk Chieftain

Ok, so my understanding is that Acheron bit Bhall's hand was he was born, and it's fairly likely that he fell before Bhall did, probably after she withdrew her power from him after the compact. So if that's the case, then it would make sense for them not to like each other for a bit, and for Acheron to go rogue and do whatever he wants.

What I'm wondering is what they think of each other now. If I'm understanding his pedia entry correctly, Acheron wasn't removed from creation by Bhall, just killed. Having gained the strength to return from the afterlife from the orcs, is Acheron a free agent now, doing whatever he wants? Or have the two of them made up now that they're the same alignment again, and is Acheron a servant of Bhall once again?

2. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

I got the impression that Acheron fell as soon as he was created, back in the Age of Dragons. I don't believe there is anything saying this beast was ever killed. I'm pretty sure she locked him up in a storage dimension like that which held Eurabatres, and like Eurabatres he was not released by his master but rather his mind managed to escape and find mortals (a passionate group of orcs) to perform the rituals needed to restore his form. (These rituals were probably much less complex in his case, since his form wasn't nearly so strong, and the participants likely had no idea that they were involved in it.) Bhall may have captured and locked him up long before the Compact was signed.

They probably don't think much of each other. I'm not sure Acheron would even know that his mistress had fallen during his absence. The dragon was always the rebellious sort, so he would likely not follow her orders even if they had the same destructive goals.

3. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Chieftain

I always figured Acheron was nearly as strong as Eurabatres and Abashi when going by the lore.

That reminds me....were there more than 4 dragons during the age of dragons? Are these 4 just in the game because they were the most powerful, or the only ones who managed to survive in some form?

4. vivictius

vivictius Chieftain

5. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Chieftain

Thanks for the link...interesting stuff.

I like the idea of drakes/smaller dragons being added for some flavor.

Perhaps I'll learn how to mod and make some for my own amusement. :)

6. Duruk

Duruk Chieftain

Ok, so is the Acheron entry on the wiki outdated, or am I just not reading it right?

7. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

From Acheron's pedia. Apparently, he did indeed die, unless the pedia is misleading or outdated..?

8. MagisterCultuum

Oh, I guess I had just forgotten about that.

9. armyofwhispers

armyofwhispers Chieftain

Does Acheron stay in his city by choice to gaurd his treasure hoard, or is there some force that actively binds him there?

10. KillerClowns

KillerClowns Chieftain

Lore-wise, there's no evidence that he's required to stay there, so I assume it's entirely by choice.

11. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Chieftain

Not to mention, dragons have always been thought of as greedy creatures (in the collective sub-conscious or world culture or whatever), and for whatever reason....Red Dragons seemed to be the greediest of them all, so it feels appropriate that all Acheron would care about was his gold.

I'm interested in finding out more about that blue dragon....I would like to add him into my mod, as soon as I figure out how to do it, that is.

And yes, I know he died, but so did Acheron, so a little RPing could see him reborn. :)

12. Bootsiuv

Bootsiuv Chieftain

BTW, if Eurabatres is the greatest, most powerful thing ever created by the gods, why is his power only 23?

I would think a 53 would be more appropriate, as then the only in-game character stronger than Eurabatres would be Auric, who, as a god, should be more powerful.

As of right now, he's hardly any stronger than Abashi and Acheron, and weaker than some other in game creatures.

Was this done strictly from a gameplay and balance perspective?

Oh, and excuse the double post....the more I learn about this game the more I feel like talking about it, and since my wife just stares at me with a dumbfounded look on her face, you guys are all that I have. :)

13. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Well, he was the most powerful but now he is on erebus and the God of Creation (to lazy to find his name right now) has withdrawn his power from him, whilst creatures like AoW are archangels/uberdemons that still have all their full power

14. Rasta69

Rasta69 Chieftain

Bootsiuv the Blue Dragon is Drifa, Mulcarn God of Ice and Winter's Dragon. And the mechanic for bringing her back to life is already in the game as one of the rituals for the Illians. Lore wise I'm not sure when she was killed, possibly simply by the heating of the world (i killed her with a heap of longbows in AoI but im pretty sure your not supposed to be able to xD) or by some brave adventurer like Acheron. When Auric conquers the area of Pristine Pass forcing the Kuroites and Sheaim from the area, he revives her by sacrificing a king to her (in this case Tasunke). Their is the general impression given that she dosnt quite trust Auric yet, but if he ascended would be unquestioningly loyal (though would probably still prefer Mulcarn, as she is heavily influenced by the sphere of Ice which also gives a longing for the past and the way things were)

15. MagisterCultuum

It is unclear whether the Blue Dragon is supposed to be Drifa or not. That is what Nikis-Knight had in mind when he wrote that entry, but Drifa is supposed to be the White Dragon. (Her graphics have always looked light blue and that is what Nikis-Knight was basing it on, but canonical descriptions of her always describe her pure white.)

I vaguely remember it being said that it now refers to a different beast. It is possible that the blue dragon was a creature of Danalin who, like Leviathan, was driven insane by whatever destroyed the Aifons and so went on a rampage and had to be stopped.

Kael's notes from his old D&D campaigns reference a Blue Dragon related to Luciaqua's Pool, but no real details are known.

16. mahazel

mahazel Chieftain

Long long ago Marnok had smaller dragons in his modmod (Explorable dungeons, before Kael add it to main FFH), so you could start there.

17. Kyzarc Fotjage

Kyzarc Fotjage Rise Up

Didn't either you MC or Kael say that the blue dragon was the 'hammer' or something? I recall something similar in an earliert thread...
    edit: Nvm, hammer was an idea for a green dragon put forth by tsaunke, I have absoluetly no idea whether one does exist... Where was Drifa in early AoI?

18. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

Mulcarn's Vault or perhaps the plane where dragons were stored until needed by their god.

19. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

I get the idea that dragons are stored in their own desperate dimension. It's easy to imagine Eurabtres flowing through the ether or Acheron dwelling in a dimension of fire, waiting to be recalled. I imagine that if all the dragons were in the same dimension, it would be more like a battle zone, which toughen and harden the creatures instead of having them come back as a weaker version of themselves, a la Acheron.

20. TC01

TC01 Chieftain

I thought they were all stored in Pristin Pass? (Or is it "Pristinus Pass"? The name of the UF is Guardian of Pristin Pass, but I think the scenario said something about Pristinus Pass...)