Achievement: Rules of Acquisition

Wabango

Chieftain
I realise that achievement hunting is a bit unsavoury, but here is an attached save in an effort to make the achievement "Rules of Acquisition" a bit more manageable.

In the save there are three fresh cities, a load of cash - all you have to do is manually buy the tiles and you'll acquire about 85 tiles per save.

Hope it helps, enjoy!

Attachments

• Tiles Buyin'.CivBESave
    643.2 KB · Views: 159
Since achievements are nothing but symbols I think people should really make an effort and try to get it the normal way, otherwise they are kinda useless don't you think? :p

But this one is insane. 1000 tiles! I don't have this achievement in civ 5, with a couple thousand hours of gameplay, i surely won't be getting it in BE. But downloaded the save, just in case i feel like grinding it.

You know there's a Steam Achievement Manager, right? Unlock whatever you feel like using that, much easier.

Yeah, I'd say anyone who wants to cheat should rather use SAM and save himself the 10-20 minutes of mindless clicking. Valve also said it's okay to use that tool (or similar tools) a while ago. But then again... what's the fun about being an achievement hunter when one has to resort to cheating the moment it gets a bit complicated? 8)

Rules of Acquisition isn't complicated though, just tedious. It's a poorly designed achievement.

Cheating to get it though is rather silly.

I've been playing games to get this achievement without cheating. Here's my strategy:

- Play as Kavithra for the fast outpost growth
- Only build health or energy buildings
- Blanket territory in Solar Collectors
- Forge trade routes based on total energy gain only
- Found new cities as fast as possible
- Buy tiles in new cities
- Fight only in defensive wars if possible

Right now I have a civ with 20+ cities and about 2,000 energy per turn. I've bought about 400 tiles in this game alone after about 6 hours of play. I've reached the limit of what I can do in this game and will have to start a new one. Hopefully I can get to 1,000 soon.

This is the last achievement I'll unlock in BE. I don't usually buy tiles playing normally, so after 150 hours I had only a few. I don't usually hunt achievements like this but getting all of them in BE has kind of turned into an obsession this month.

Well, remember #45: "Expand or die."

Top Bottom