1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Achievement speculation thread

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by WillowBrook, Jan 18, 2019.

1. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

We still don't know how many new achievements will come with GS, but let's not let that prevent us from speculating about what we might see.

Guess #1: How many?
    I predict 49. IIRC, R&F had 37. GS costs 1/3 more, so should have 1/3 more achievements.

Guess #2: Categories
    9 - win as each new leader
    8 - do something specific as each new civ
    9 - scenario-related
    1 - win a diplomatic victory
    1 - win a future era start
    3 - world congress related
    4 - related to new world and natural wonders
    3 - disaster related
    2 - climate change related
    3 - related to new infrastructure (and not in one of the above categories)
    3 - new city state related
    2 - do something interesting as a reworked base game civ (but not France, England, or Egypt, as they all have two civ-specific achievements already)

Guesses #3-??
    Specifics! What do you think? Predictions? Speculations?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  2. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

Eleanor might have an achievement to conquer France when she's leading England or conquer England when she's leading France.

Our_DeCay and WillowBrook like this.
  3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Do you suppose Eleanor will have an extra achievement for winning as the leader of her second civ?

4. Disgustipated

Disgustipated Deity

I'll have to think of these later. Hungary could be to leverage troops from 5 city states at once, but that sounds kind of boring. I'm sure I can think of something else.

This is actually weather related. As Japan, have at least 2 enemy units defeated by a hurricane in your territory.

I was going to say have a volcano go off by Pompei, but Pompei isn't on their city list that I just looked up.

Alexadamz and WillowBrook like this.
  5. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Quite possible, but I'm going to guess not. Close to a toss-up IMO.

6. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Warlord

Could a volcano pillaged tile, maybe where an unit was, become later an archeology site? If so, we can have an achievement to have an archeologist dig something for an acheology site close to a volcano.

And, talking about Pompei, I really want something related to the Pink Floyd's concert there, as we have rockbands now. Something with "make a rockband concert close to a volcano".

7. Sagax

Sagax Emperor

I just want Mali’s secondary achievement be called “Shut Up and Take My Money” Can we predict achievement names?

8. UWHabs

UWHabs Deity

What would that be for? Maybe buying all of someone's diplomatic favour with cash? Or for something big like buying a city from someone with cash?

9. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

I forgot about rock concerts! There will certainly be an achievement related to one, given how excited they were about them.

What sort of venue was the Pink Floyd concert in? Perhaps "perform a rock band concert in a [theater/entertainment] district adjacent to a volcano".

Certainly!

10. Red_warning

Red_warning Warlord

I bet Sweden gets one where you need to settle all 5 terrain types.

Or one when you got to beat a unit in a snow storm with a carolean.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
  11. Alexadamz

Alexadamz Warlord

I really want something related to Mansa Musa hajj and the inflation he induced in Cairo. Something like "have +100 GPT from trade routes to Cairo and be converted to Islam". Hard to achieve maybe, the religion conversion part.

A Roman amphitheater: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pink_Floyd:_Live_at_Pompeii . So maybe "As England, perform a rock band concert in a Roman Theater Square with an Amphitheater adjacent to a volcano".

12. yrba1

yrba1 Chieftain

Carthago Delenda Est: Defeat Carthage as the Romans

13. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I'm still hoping Christmasy Hungary's is "Making a Liszt, Checking It Twice." :xtree:

14. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Place Hungarian Rhapsody in the palace in Buda and <the other Liszt great work> in a slot in Pest.

Kjimmet, AvianBritish, jddods and 3 others like this.
  15. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

Revenge of Tootoosis: as the Cree, eliminate Canada and conquer either Baltimore or Sparks from America (fun fact: Sparks is named after Sparks, MD, home of Firaxis)

16. Melliores

Melliores Warlord

There really is a city called Sparks ? Those ancient colonies never cease to amaze me. :)

Here are a few achievements :
    "Dam if you do, Dam If you not. "" - breach a Dam with a Spy.
    "Queen of the Nile" - as Egypt, have the Nile river flood a "specific number of tiles" during a game.
    "Desert canvas" - Build a triangle of Nazca lines on desert tiles.

Naturally, they can make some cultural references and add additional conditions to each achievement. :)

Alexadamz and WillowBrook like this.
  17. Lord Lakely

Lord Lakely Idea Fountain

The Ethics of Greed - As Mali, procure 1000 or more Diplomatic Favour from trade deals over the course of one game.

The Library Is Open - as Sweden, build the Great Library wonder and Queen's Bibliotheque building in the same city and fill their slots with Great Works.

The Pen Is Mightier Than The Giant Death Robot - win a Domination victory as Sweden

Maple Syrup - As Canada, directly control at least five sources of Sugar

Feketeorszag - As Hungary, build Orszaghaz in a city that has a The Black Army as a garrison.

Court d'Amour - As Eleanor, have a level 3 Cultural Alliance.

Triple Raven - As Matthias, earn Edgar Allan Poe and put the Raven inside the city of Ravenna, while owning that city and also having levied City State troops active at the same time.

Roma Delenda Est - As Dido, conquer Rome's Capital.

Bathing Salts - Construct the Great Bath Wonder adjacent to a Salt resource

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  18. jddods

jddods Prince

I suggested Black Army army after the Hungary first look. Not as good as Making a Liszt but easier to get.

God of Kings and WillowBrook like this.
  19. Steamboat Willem

Steamboat Willem Warlord

Anarchy in the UK - Using a Rockband with the <promotion that lowers loyalty>, cause an English or Scottish city to revolt.

20. AvianBritish

AvianBritish King

God Save the Queen - Using a Rock-band with the Punk Rock promotion [hopefully the change it to the loyalty one as opposed to Indy Rock], preform concert on Big Ben who is owned by England with the Fascism government.

In reference to the Sex Pistol's "attack" on Westminster (Big Ben) playing their version of "God Save the Queen".

jddods and WillowBrook like this.