Achievement Stacking

Yzman

Deity
So the first thing I do when I got a new civ game is always try to maximize the achievements I can get. But I have some questions on some of them...

42 -Research all Techs

Do I need to research them all in one game? I know you did in previous game but other achievements are making me wonder if that is still the case like...

unlocking all tier 3 synergy bonuses...unless I am understanding this wrong. I have no idea how you would do that in one play. You would need to basically fill out the whole virtues thing in one game which I doubt is possible. Does this just mean that I need to unlock the tier 3 bonus for each one, in separate games?

I suspect the "42" requires getting them all in one game, since im fairly sure ive gotten all techs spread out from different games and it hasnt unlocked. Its a bit hard, but not impossible. Youll most likely have to go heavy on military so you can shut the AI's victory from ending your game to early.

As for the tier 1-3 virtues. You only need to unlock enough for the bonus, not ALL virtues. so for Tier 3 you just need to get 10 tier 3 virtues, fairly simple since most virtue trees have a straight path to tier 3.

Someone in a different thread said they got the achievement for researching veery thing after they won and pushed the "one...more...turn" button. I haven't tried that myself.

Someone in a different thread said they got the achievement for researching veery thing after they won and pushed the "one...more...turn" button. I haven't tried that myself.

That is how I was planning on getting it my first game...but it ended up getting too tedious because the AI built up a large military and started attacking me.

Those kinds of achievements tend to be cumulative. There's "build all wonders" too, and no-one would expect you to do that in one game.

Is there some way of knowing which wonders and or techs you have built earlier and which ones you haven't to get this achievement?

Is there some way of knowing which wonders and or techs you have built earlier and which ones you haven't to get this achievement?

Techs has to be done all in one game. Just keep going after game ends until you have them all.

For the wonders

go to on windows 7

C:\Users\*username*\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Logs/achievements_debug

I'm trying to get "Best of both worlds" achievement but can't seem to get past level 5 master, the Unit experience keeps going up but no elite level.

hmm wait - the description for "best of both worlds" says you need to build one of the ultimate hybrid affinity units (at least in my localized version), so it's not related to unit experience at all - you just have to build a throne, aquilon or golem (ie. the "ultimate" hybrid unit for purity/hamrony, harmony/supremacy or purity/harmony). or am i missing something here?

hmm wait - the description for "best of both worlds" says you need to build one of the ultimate hybrid affinity units (at least in my localized version), so it's not related to unit experience at all - you just have to build a throne, aquilon or golem (ie. the "ultimate" hybrid unit for purity/hamrony, harmony/supremacy or purity/harmony). or am i missing something here?

That's correct.

Good luck on the artifact wonders achievement, welcome to the artifact roullette.

Only one achievement left now "Halls of R'lyeh" I wish there was a way to find out which quests I've done and which I need to do.

To find your progress with achievements go to the file: Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth\Logs\achievements_debug.log (can be opened with notepad) and in there you can find which ones you still need, aka the ones with a 0 behind them.
PS: Remember that in the localized windows versions the words for "documents" and "my games" are probably in your own language.

My only achievement still to get is "Fortune and Glory", the artifact wonder one. I try to save as many artifacts every game to try to unlock "Dimension Folding Complex" but no luck so far.

@mgregmgd
Ah the marvel quest...
My guess would be that you're missing the hydrocoral brain marvel. Change your maptype to atlantean so you get lots of water, that marvel is a 2nd marvel quest that doesn't Always spawn, but when it does, it seems atlantean maps have the best chance for it.
But to be sure, check your achievements debu log like durfal said.

@durfal
Wonders are unlocked from progenitor bits, so start a game, send out at least 3 explorers and get the prosperity extra digs virtue, and hunt down every progenitor ruin you find, leaving the rest lieing around for later.
( pick up pods though! ;)

Does winning the on the highest difficulty setting give you the lower difficulty achievements too?

Nope, you have to win a game on each difficulty to get the achievement.

I got them all in the old days, when 100 turn spy pop was a thing.. Go Arc, 1 enemy, quick game on a duel map, get the spy agency quickly, then send in the spies with 'establish network' to get intrique up, and pop a coup d'etat on them in turn 70-80 or so, poof domination victory.

Scary part, is, you can pretty much still do this with arc, with the 25% covert speed, extra intrique virtue, their own trait maxed, and the other trait maxed. If some poor AI smuck then also gives you some Spy agreement bonus, you can easily get 'steal science' done in 2 turns, with 90% success rate, giving something like 600 science per spy, building up that intrigue like mad, and giving you a total science and spy domination.

Nope, you have to win a game on each difficulty to get the achievement.

I got them all in the old days, when 100 turn spy pop was a thing.. Go Arc, 1 enemy, quick game on a duel map, get the spy agency quickly, then send in the spies with 'establish network' to get intrique up, and pop a coup d'etat on them in turn 70-80 or so, poof domination victory.

Scary part, is, you can pretty much still do this with arc, with the 25% covert speed, extra intrique virtue, their own trait maxed, and the other trait maxed. If some poor AI smuck then also gives you some Spy agreement bonus, you can easily get 'steal science' done in 2 turns, with 90% success rate, giving something like 600 science per spy, building up that intrigue like mad, and giving you a total science and spy domination.

Already doing it.

So far, the only difference I have noticed is that the AI becomes more warlike early on. Unless they start on top of me, it makes little difference by mid game.

The difficulty levels mean absolutely nothing. The AI can't fight a good war, or defend itself.

Top Bottom