so, I was looking at the achievement statistics, and I am quite puzzled. as it turns out, the achievement unlocked by most people is to make 6 improvements. which, really, you will do in any game. it has been unlocked by 83% of people. What? what about the other 17%? there really is no way you can play this game without making improvements. so it means that one person in 6 who bought this game never used it? how is that possible? i could understand if it was an old game, and steam started giving it away in bundles so many people would get it and would never play it. but it is still new, expensive, who would buy it without playing? A few other achievements that you will get almost automatically by playing one game are also around 80%, again confirming that some 20% of people who bought the game apparently never played it. then the second surprise: win a game at any difficulty is only done by 39% of players. less than half of those who actually played? again, how is that possible? ok, godlike requires skill, but on the lower difficulties winning is really easy. I was trying to get the achievement where with schitya you had to reconquer a city from persia, so I had to get a city conquered first; i founded a city next to persia's doorstep, away from the rest of my land, no walls or anything, I kept my units well away from it, i declared war in the ancient era, and waited to be conquered. after a while i tought maybe my military power convinced persia to not attack, so i disbanded each and every single unit i owned. then i made builders and settlers and sent them to be captured, just to try to help persia get a good economy. nothing. i arrived at a point where I was forced to tech civil engineering, and so I gave up and tried at a higher difficulty. And that was difficulty 4 out of 8. I could not lose despite much trying, how could half the players fail to win at any difficulty? I can see some may just stop playing once the game is clealry won, but still, 40%? and two thirds of those only win at prince or lower, so it means most player do actually try the lowest diffficulties. victory conditions are 9% religious, 16% domination, 18% science, 23% culture - strangely because most players traditionally don't go for culture victory; though at the easier difficulties it is easy to get a culture victory by accident without even trying. We get a total of 75, out of 40% of players who won at least once, meaning an average of 1.5 different victories for every player. Most players out there only won in one single way. the single leader that won the most games is trajan, with 10%. Meaning that a whole lot of people do not play with more than a handful of civs, or do not play more than one game. well, it may happen that they buy a new expensive game, then they get tired and stop using it after one single game, but if it happens as often as statistical analysis seem to suggest, it doesn't look good for the average human intelligence. So, I was curious if some of you could shed some more light on those strange numbers and help find a sense to them.