Achievement_All_Wonders ( UnitedNations )

M_85

Chieftain
A little assist ... PLEASE ! :cry:

I'm trying to complete the STEAM Achievement "The Wonder Years".
I've managed over the course of several games, to build every "wonder" needed except the United Nations.

I have the game(s) set up for a "Diplomatic" Victory and am familiar with the Brave New World Bug. Have tried playing several "Plain Vanilla" CIV V games, to no avail. :wallbash:

When playing the "Plain Vanilla" game, neither the World Congress, nor the U.N. ever appears. Does the World Congress/U.N. only appear in some later scenario
( something between "Plain Vanilla" and "Brave New World" ) ? ie: To get the U.N."wonder" to appear, do I need to play some other scenario ??

If I do play the BNW scenario, the World Congress appears, and after reaching the Atomic/Information Ages, dutifully changes into the U.N.. But of course no "build U.N." Achievement is ever recorded.

Is there anyone out there ( Heloooo ... ) who HAS completed "The Wonder Years" Achievement ??

If so, a little guidance would certainly be appreciated ... Thanks ! :bowdown:

The UN appears as a wonder in Vanilla and G&K when you research "Globalization", which is in the same spot in the tech tree it normally is.

This achievement is impossible to get on BNW, so downgrade to G&K or Vanilla in the game settings (if you're not bothered to play the game fully just skip tot he late era and rush the wonder).

Same goes for Ottomans civ specific Achievement.

Downgrade to VANILLA and move your ships next to barbarian units.

Same also foes for Model of a Modern Major General. Downgrade to G&K at least since you cannot train the French Foreign Legion in BNW. Have fun!

I managed to get the wonder years achievement, because I managed to build the UN in my first completed game as Greece on prince level in vanilla. Then, with all the other games I played, I managed to get every single wonder, even the horrible Angkor Wat. I still remember that game and I enjoyed every minute of that game because Japan and Germany were my neighbours.

As Oz said, downgrade to vanilla or G&K, play on a quick speed and either play on an easy difficulty or advance to globalization ASAP to build that wonder. Have a GE waiting if need be.

Top Bottom