[GS] Achievements just went up on Steam.

And yea, Take on Me is from A-ha, a Norwegian band. Big, big mistake that will upset the Swedes royally. :lol:
Considering Norway and Sweden have a rivalry comparable to France and UK - this can actually trigger a lot of people :shifty:

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss
As Eleanor, gain a city to loyalty that was owned by a different civilization with Eleanor as its leader

confirms you can have both Eleanors in the same game, in case people were still wondering.
Or it requires you to turn off the Same Leader setting. Same as the Selfie achievement.

"Rock God
Have no cities following your religion then convert a city to your religion using a Rock Band unit"

Wait, how is that possible?

I think this was explained in a livestream last year, but the Rock Band can get a (randomly available) promotion whereby it converts a city to your founded religion on a successful performance.

As the Rock Band is not a religious unit it doesn't have a religion assigned to it, so it just converts the city to your founded religion. This is in contrast to Apostles or Missionaries, whose religion is decided by the majority religion of the city in which they are purchased.

So it is possible for your religion to be eradicated from the world, and then reborn using a Rock Band. It is, I believe, the only way to bring it back.

14 of them are for the scenarios it looks like which does mean ~the same number of R&F for non-scenario acheivements

I think this was explained in a livestream last year, but the Rock Band can get a (randomly available) promotion whereby it converts a city to your founded religion on a successful performance.

As the Rock Band is not a religious unit it doesn't have a religion assigned to it, so it just converts the city to your founded religion. This is in contrast to Apostles or Missionaries, whose religion is decided by the majority religion of the city in which they are purchased.

So it is possible for your religion to be eradicated from the world, and then reborn using a Rock Band. It is, I believe, the only way to bring it back.

Old Norse gods coming back by heavy metal rock!

This topic reminds me of when DLC was released pre-R&F and when unidentified achievements popped up on Steam we knew more DLC was going to be released soon.

Meet the New Boss, Same as the Old Boss
As Eleanor, gain a city to loyalty that was owned by a different civilization with Eleanor as its leader

confirms you can have both Eleanors in the same game, in case people were still wondering.

Or it requires you to turn off the Same Leader setting. Same as the Selfie achievement.

Good point. :crazyeye:

I hope it requires you to turn off the Same Leader setting. If "multi-Eleanor" is on by default and not able to be disabled I'll be bummed. Schizophrenic Eleanor the Younger vs Eleanor the Elder will annoy me.

I hope it requires you to turn off the Same Leader setting. If "multi-Eleanor" is on by default and not able to be disabled I'll be bummed. Schizophrenic Eleanor the Younger vs Eleanor the Elder will annoy me.
I’ll have to seriously call them Freleanor and Engleanor if they can appear in the same game by default...

Was that a tongue-in-cheek Civ5 reference?

Can someone explain the Civ5 reference? I'm not familiar with it.

So many civ achievements read like a to-do list... Boring.

None of them look particularly challenging except for the rng ones (which just require rng).

Or they are referencing A-ha - Take On Me, but they are a Norwegian group.
Well, this time they didn't use the wrong portrait as a model for the leader. I can live with an achievement mistake. It is embarrassing though. I wonder if they have the time to fix it or if it is set in stone?

I was hoping for a reference to China's Grand Canal for achievement like they did with trans Siberian railway.

And the Walls Kept Tumbling Down is a reference to this song titled "Pompeii" (which was the city famously buried by Vesuvius' eruption):

Shield of Christianity
As Hungary, have Christianity as your dominant religion and defeat a unit who's Civilization's dominant religion is not Christianity

...which Christianity? Both?

Seahenge
Have Stonehenge become submerged due to Coastal Flooding

Does this mean Wonders can be destroyed by Coastal Flooding, I thought I heard Ed Beech say that they couldn't be... (I hope they can :mwaha:)

Top Bottom