Achievements?

Rolaran

Chieftain
Is there any word on achievements? Has the list grown at all since that early leak (the one that gave us the names of the faction leaders)?

http://api.steampowered.com/ISteamU...ievementPercentagesForApp/v0002/?gameid=65980

There are achievements for the following:

* Winning as American Reclamation Corporation
* Winning as Brasilia
* Winning as Franco-Iberia
* Winning as Kavithan Protectorate
* Winning as Pan-Asian Cooperative
* Winning as People's African Union
* Winning as Polystralia
* Winning as Slavic Federation
* Winning on Sputnik
* Winning on Mercury
* Winning on Vostok
* Winning on Gemini
* Winning on Soyuz
* Winning on Apollo
* Winning through Domination Victory
* Winning through Emancipation Victory
* Winning through Promised Land Victory
* Winning through Transcendence Victory
* Winning through Contact Victory
* Winning on Map Size Duel
* Winning on Map Size Tiny
* Winning on Map Size Small
* Winning on Map Size Skirmish
* Winning on Map Size Standard
* Winning on Map Size Large
* Winning on Map Size Huge
* Winning on Protean Map
* Winning on Terran Map
* Winning on Atlantean Map
* Winning on Taigan Map
* Winning on Equatorial Map
* Winning on Archipelago Map
* Winning on Vulcan Map
* Winning on Tiny Islands Map
* Play all Map Types
* Winning a Multiplayer Match
* Achieving all Victory Types (Multi-Playthrough)
* Maxing out Harmony Affinity points
* Maxing out Purity Affinity points
* Maxing out Supremacy Affinity points
* Killing a Siege Worm
* Killing a Covert Agent
* Killing a unit with one hit.
* Launching an orbital unit.
* Acquiring all Might Virtues
* Acquiring all Prosperity Virtues
* Acquiring all Knowledge Virtues
* Acquiring all Industry Virtues
* Acquiring all Tier One Virtue Kickers
* Acquiring all Tier Two Virtue Kickers
* Generate 100 culture in a city
* Generate 100 energy in a city
* Generate 100 science in a city
* Steal a Tech
* Upgrade a unit
* Embark a unit
* Build a Wonder
* Have the AI beat you multiple times to building a Wonder
* Building All Wonders (probably mult-playthrough)
* Research all techs
* Download a Mod
* Play with a Mod
* Kill a certain number of alien units
* Raze a certain number of alien nests

In other words, go look at the achievement list for Brave New World and translate it to BE.

Have the AI beat you multiple times to building a Wonder : If it's just like Civ V you'll get credit in your first game since you got credit for losing a wonder even when you didn't put any hammers into it.

Research all techs is more likely to require either using "One More Turn" after winning the game or on purpose delaying the very last item needed to your chosen victory type.

This is also a considerably smaller list than Civ V (even considering there only being 8 factions). Civ V had a special achievement for every civ in addition to the win as them.

Good find and thanks for the list! To finish the list:

ACHIEVEMENT_VIRTUES_TIER3KICKERS
ACHIEVEMENT_ERA_OF_PROSPERITY : Probably reaching 20 health.
ACHIEVEMENT_WIN_ALLBASELEADERS
ACHIEVEMENT_PURCHASE_TILES
SP_GAME_LOST : This have very low %. Maybe the test players didn't played much for this...
GAMES_PLAYED_NOTGREEN : No idea.
SP_GAMES_WON
TACTICAL_GAME_LOST : No idea.

Achievements that are an inevitable part of play are stupid. I'm surprised there isn't an achievement for starting the game.

To be honest, what's civ going to have for achievements other than "Win with X" (X being a country, victory type, map size, speed, or difficulty level) and some highly situational references?

To be honest, what's civ going to have for achievements other than "Win with X" (X being a country, victory type, map size, speed, or difficulty level) and some highly situational references?

If there was a robust scoring system: that could involve a slew of achievements right there. For example the Advance Wars games give you a rank, with S rank being the best. Having an S rank next to a stage gave me a great deal of pleasure. Why couldn't they have some tight little senarios like this?

One achievement I gave myself playing Civ IV was to get all wonders in one game. Obviously with the easier difficulties it was easy, but beyond Noble it became quite a challenge. Though it was a lot easier with the vanilla version. (There is an all wonders achievement, but it seems to be multi-play through which is inevitable. It's probably inevitable on the easiest setting in the one play through).

Win 5 games in a row at Apollo difficulty. Win 10 games in a row at Apollo difficulty. (These might be hard to track with people abandoning games they are losing, but if you're doing it for the challenge, one would hardly cheat against one's self).

I'm not sure if there is an Iron Man mode, where you cannot reload in game, (there was in Alpha Centauri), but this could be another achievement: win in Iron Man.

I'm sure everyone here could come up with some pretty decent achievements compared to Upgrade a unit :|

I'm sure everyone here could come up with some pretty decent achievements compared to Upgrade a unit :|
Oh, sure! We could come up with lots of our own interesting/irritating achievements:

Winning with Brasilia without ever declaring war
Winning with Polystralia without ever building a trade route
Win with Kavithans without ever building a 2nd city
Win with Slavic Federation without ever building a satellite
Win with PAC without ever building a wonder

The possibilities are endless! ;)

If there was a robust scoring system: that could involve a slew of achievements right there. For example the Advance Wars games give you a rank, with S rank being the best. Having an S rank next to a stage gave me a great deal of pleasure. Why couldn't they have some tight little senarios like this?
Oh, we do, sort of - Civ V had different achievements depending on what difficulty you completed the scenarios.
And we wouldn't' want Precious precious one-more-turn V: Interstellar Boogaloo turning into a handheld game where everything revolved around points, now, would we? (I mean, "get an S rank on a conquest" sounds highly silly, although maybe I'm taking the analogy too literally)

Win 5 games in a row at Apollo difficulty. Win 10 games in a row at Apollo difficulty. (These might be hard to track with people abandoning games they are losing, but if you're doing it for the challenge, one would hardly cheat against one's self).
This is the equivalent of one of those "play 1000 battles" or achievements - one that becomes a dull, dull grind for no reason other than "it's a challenge". If I'm going to be convinced to do a dull, dull grind on a difficulty I don't feel comfortable with, then you're going to offer more than an icon on my steam 'chievments list.

I'm not sure if there is an Iron Man mode, where you cannot reload in game, (there was in Alpha Centauri), but this could be another achievement: win in Iron Man.
Or you could have it so that achievements are only available in ironman, just like Paradox does. Gives people incentive to play ironman.

While I agree that they could be more creative than "upgrade a unit", civ V isn't a game that lends itself particularly well to unique achievements.

Top Bottom