Achtung Europa! (a WW2 Scenario)

Scenario Starting Date: On August 1934 when Hindenburg dies. Hitler’s title becomes Fuehrer and Reich Chancellor of Germany. Scenario begins in 1934 to give players some time to forge alliances, and an opportunity to set the stage for an alternative history. However, leader attitudes will be set in alignment with the historical alliances.

Major Powers
United Kingdom
United States
France
Russia
Germany
Italy

City States which are neutral
Spain
Portugal
Ireland
Turkey
Sweden
Switzerland
Baltic states

City States which are friendly (or allied) towards UK, France, US, and/or Russia
Czechoslovakia
Netherlands
Belgium
Norway
Poland
Yugoslavia
Greece
Denmark
Albania
Algeria
Morocco
Tunisia
Egypt

City States which are friendly (or allied) towards Germany and Italy
Austria
Romania
Hungary
Finland
Bulgaria
Libya

Very much looking forward to playing this!

I've enjoyed the various WW2 mods in Civ3 and 4 and their various expansions.

On another note, I advise you in the strongest sense possible not to even think about starting to mod the game until the first few patches are out (which would force you to start the mod from scratch) and until you've played the game through thoroughly using different strategies. Until you know the game inside out, any changes you make to it are likely to be for the worst.

Thanks, but that is irrelevant to me as Achtung Europa will be a constant work in progress with many dozens of improved versions to be released over the course of the next couple of years.

If version one will be released 6 days after release, what will it contain?

If version one will be released 6 days after release, what will it contain?

1. A very large and detailed map of Europe
2. The factions - Germany, Great Britain, United States entry point in the Atlantic, Russia, and several city states.
3. Armies laid on the map.

Version 1.0 will mainly just be a scenario, not a mod.

Ultimately, I want to mod in a unique tech tree, dozens of unique units, etc...

I'm just really curious how you'll achieve this in 6 days since the modding tools (according to all reports) won't be released on day 0? :confused:

You didn't read what has been said obviously. How will you create the scenario without world builder?

You didn't read what has been said obviously. How will you create the scenario without world builder?

Obviously, if there is no world builder then there are no custom scenarios.

However, I think you may be confused. From what I understand, the mod tools which will be missing initially are the "unprecedented mod tools" and the SDK, not the world builder.

The world builder should be available right away.

Here is an article from August 25th where Jon Shaffer implies that the world builder will be available right away. http://www.bitmob.com/articles/inte...-in-game-mod-browser-of-civilization-5?page=2 Something that I personally think is really cool is the stand-alone world builder.....We’re hoping that the first week Civ 5 is out, people will use that function and port all of the Civ 4 stuff over to Civ 5, so everything will be out there already.

Spain
]
Maybe have Republican and Nationalistic Spain start at war? If they are unified, they form a single 'City State' or 'Country'

Also, it looks like a Eurocentric theater, with the northern border at Norway, Southern at Sahara, Eastern at Urals and Western at Appalachia.

Spanish Civil War started in '36. There was only one Spain (Republican) at the proposed start of the mod.

Spain
]
Maybe have Republican and Nationalistic Spain start at war? If they are unified, they form a single 'City State' or 'Country'

Good idea. I'll see what I can do to replicate that. It may not be version 1.0, but a later version.

Also, it looks like a Eurocentric theater, with the northern border at Norway, Southern at Sahara, Eastern at Urals and Western at Appalachia.

You got it. That's it, but the western border will actually be in the deep Atlantic with some entry points for the United States.

You got it. That's it, but the western border will actually be in the deep Atlantic with some entry points for the United States.

I got a map on the mod hub you might be interested in then. Look for it when you get in. :)

Here is my idea for the tech tree.

There will be 4 first tier discoveries. Each of these initial discoveries will have such a high number of turns to discover it that it will be basically impossible for any faction to discover it, so therefore it will already be discovered by the deserving factions.

German Engineering
Italian Engineering
Allied Engineering
Russian Engineering

There will be several different kinds of armor, ships, planes, infantry, etc.. for each form of engineering unlocked through a series of subsequent discoveries.

Top Bottom