1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ACLU sues the NSA

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by eyrei, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin Puttin' on the Ritz

That was CartesianFart, not El_Machinae. I know they have kind of similar-looking avatars, but come on.

2. ironduck

ironduck Deity

Too weird. The avatars aren't even remotely the same and they posted the exact opposite message.

3. Taliesin

Well, they both have a similar colour range, and if you squint they have a similarly positioned subject. Perhaps nihilistic and Stylesjl are octopi and see different geometric features than humans do.

4. ironduck

ironduck Deity

I suppose that's always a possibility :lol:

5. Stylesjl

Stylesjl SOS Brigade Member

Oops i screwed up the username. Sorry, if that hadn't been pointed out i wouldn't have noticed it was just that the way he said it sounded like he originally said it

6. eyrei

eyrei Deity Retired Moderator

7. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

It's rather inconsistent. Hopefully you'll never be on the losing side, but I wonder what your philosophy would be if you were.

My representatives seem to know this well. But there are people like yourself urging your own representatives to override us.

It seems that those most willing to sacrifice the rights of people here are also the ones furthest away from the dangers of terrorism.

8. nihilistic

nihilistic Intergalatic Delivery Boy

Yeah, no idea how that happened. Sorry to those whose names I mixed up.

9. CartesianFart

CartesianFart Deity

:goodjob:
    That is a somewhat a good question on how my philosophy would be like on the other side.I guess i say but rather not that i would do whatever to stay alive.I dont care what metaphysical form of government that i live in and taught to believe in.I find all forms of government oppressive one shape of another.Whether it be Fascism,[people seems make a past-time of throwing that label to me]monarchy,plutocracy,oligarchy,democracy etc. etc.

I am not a member of my party,or a member of your party.Meaning i am not democrat or republican.
    Are you saying that my being in Ravenna,ohio is illrelevance on the vote of sacrificing some liberty for security from a person from New York?

10. CartesianFart

CartesianFart Deity

Depend on your choice of deciding if the president is the enemy of democracy.I dont go all day speaking of someone intentions when i never met the guy.And what is your argument that USA president is actually an enemy of democracy?I am not a Bush syphathizer[i dont agree on almost all of his agenda]but can you tell me in your honest own way[without media jargons]why you suspect that the president is the enemy of USA.

Here we go again,calling me a fascist because i am a person with my own set of reasoning and intents because of Fascist pro-liberty like you who would love to cast me away.Hmm,i smell hypocrasy.

A gang of corrupted theives who sells issues for votes.And the constituents that is addicted of these drugs[issues].

I never said anything was bad.
    Egoist to only to those people that think they are knights in shining armour that think they are in a communities of saints by way of making a habit to flatter themselves when they speak of protecting liberties.I find this ironic,egoism is a person who cant 'think' outside of his/her own box.

11. The Yankee

For the record, you incorrectly attributed the last two quotes. They're eyrei's.

12. Taliesin

So, according to you, an egoist is somebody who acts out of concern for other people and their rights.

It's in times like this that I'm tempted to think it's too bad that bans can't be handed out for unreason.

13. The Yankee

It sounds like that as long as you're left alone, you don't care what happens around you.

My political affiliation (of which you would not know) is irrelevant in this discussion. And you do have representatives, even if you don't vote or register with a party. In Congress, mine are Senators Clinton and Schumer, as well as Representative Anthony Weiner. Your Senators are Voinovich and DeWine...I don't know who your Representative is, but you have one.

I do find it very funny that you are in a fairly safe place, with regards to any terrorist risk, yet you're willing to throw out my rights while I'm sitting closer to any crosshairs aimed here, and many of the people here would rather we don't surrender those rights.

You may not care if the situation were reversed...but I bet a lot of other people who take your same position would feel differently if they were closer to any one of the top potential targets.

14. CartesianFart

CartesianFart Deity

Now your speaking like a Republican.Less government as long as the people abide by the rules.

Timothy Ryan,dont flatter yourself.I watch C-span everyday in the morning and afternoon.That is all i watch.Not the Dawson Creek shows:lol:

I am sacrificing my freedom as well,dont you forget;)

15. The Yankee

I don't care which party I sound like. I've voted for members of both the major parties.

Great. So there you go.

You're welcome to do whatever you like to yourself as long as it doesn't break the law. Which this does.

And I suggest you refrain from that remark in the quote. It may be 4 1/2 years since, but that pain does not ever go away completely.

16. Kayak

Kayak Partisan

What rules? you need a government to make them. A question for you: Do you see other people as mostly honorable and inclined to help each other, or as mostly untrustworthy and selfish?

So I assume you completely understand and agree with the Iraqis that did nothing about the bloody dictatorship they lived under, and that you understand why they don't stick rheir neck out to help the US now?