1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Acoustic notifications doubled

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by Piruparka, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

From time to time, on discovering a new virtue, finishing a project in a city or receiving a new quest, e.g., the game will make a certain noise. Since the latest patch, this sound comes twice sometimes. I attached a savegame, where when you go to next turn the explorer at Magan discovers a new resource sonde. The relating sound comes twice.

2. Selereth

Selereth Warlord

Same problem here. Seems that something new is broken as soon as previous glitches are fixed. It's really annoying to hear the "intruder alert" sound several times a turn, hurts my ears.

3. TLHeart

TLHeart King

Yes, intruder alert, covert ops fail, will activate multiple times at the start of the turn...

4. Xenotitan

Xenotitan Prince

I'm getting this as well, it is rather annoying.

5. Windscion

Windscion Chieftain Supporter

I've noticed this from time to time.

6. Alkyon

Alkyon Warlord

Oh good, so it's not just me?

This will probably get fixed in the next patch, but who knows when that will be.

7. Juanholio

Juanholio Warlord

I seem to have another varient of this. As well as having the doubling effect, as described, in my current game, I'm also getting the 'collapsing rubble' (pillaging) sound effect at the start of every single turn, sometimes two or three times in the course of the turn. Can't tell if it's just queued or something I'm doing (like accessing a city screen or selecting units) is triggering it.

I'd been to war, pillaged tiles and captured a couple of cities but at peace now and everything repaired.

8. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Chieftain

I'm pretty sure every sound effect (except combat thank goodness) is doubled for me

9. Piruparka

Piruparka Prince

No fix for this yet, is there?

10. Doviello

Doviello Warlord

Reduce sound effects volume to zero, it's the only way to not go crazy. You won't miss much, since even without this bug, these effects are annoying, and the game soundtrack is quite nice.