ActionTrip Civ 4 Preview

"Good and Bad Sides to Religions" :drool:

"Advisors are once again included" :drool: :drool:

Not too much new, but we're gonna have animated advisors!! YAAAY!!! :dance:

That "War brewing" screenshot is simply disgusting. I certainly hope they include a "simple graphics" mode, I can't figure out what the hell is happening in there.

On further reading, that "preview" is full of errors. I wonder if the author actually previewed the game at all...

once again I have to say, screens are very messy with all those units and other stuff around. hope they will change it. and i noticed a 5 unit worker holding brooms. no wonder they sweep the floor with all the mess around :lol:

I think the animated advisors will be really cool. I wonder if they'll have my good old science advisor back again :)

From the ActionTrip preview:
"The Civics include five areas, such as Government, Legal, Labor, Economy, and Religion; they enable you to allow the freedom of speech, or slavery (even when it includes only one race of your choice), and such. These elements influence your government formation."

Woah, you can choose which civ you will get your slaves from? I expected to be able to choose something like the state religion, but not that. Awesome.

From the ActionTrip preview: "Every nation will feature two playable leaders"

Nice. I hope that isn't a mistaken impression, because having two for only some civs irked me a bit.

I think I would take Soren Johnson's word over theirs, though, so I think its still 18 civs and 26 leaders.

Reinhard said:
That "War brewing" screenshot is simply disgusting. I certainly hope they include a "simple graphics" mode, I can't figure out what the hell is happening in there.

I feel the same in any civ game I haven't played myself - ie, I see someone's screenshot or savegame and takes a while to figure out what is happening.

It would be great if every civ would have 2 leaders but I doubt it...
animated advisors are cool! :cool:

concerning waste of programming time:
Why don't you wait? I think Firaxians know what they are doing! And everytime they make a statement they mention how much time they put into a better AI and balancing...
And BTW, a lot of other threads are about the horrible graphics and presentation-style... I don't understand them either...
Relax! As far as I'm concerned: I'm more and more excited!

Top Bottom