1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Activate debug panel

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Modding Tutorials & Reference' started by Jaythekiller, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Jaythekiller

Jaythekiller Chieftain

In case anyone is inquirinq how to activate it :

_Open "Config.ini" file (in "Documents/My games/Sid Meier's Civilization V") with note pad

_Search for : " Activate debug panel = 0 "
    _Set value to 1
    _Save the file on exit

it's done ! :)

Now launch your game, and press "ù" key (on azerty keyboard),or "~" on qwerty keyboard

Then you can see a popping window on left end corner,wich is providing many interesting controls

Hope it will helps you :)

2. Onni

Onni Chieftain

It's "ö" key in Scandinavian keyboards. Cheers Jaythekiller! :D

3. Jaythekiller

Jaythekiller Chieftain

4. eRev21

eRev21 Chieftain

I've been trying to mess with this debug panel for quite some time with no real results. I can create units, resources, etc. but they do not respond in any way and cannot interact with any player. The reveal map function is interesting, but it just reveals the geographical content of the map.
    Messing around with random hotkeys, I thought CTRL+Z froze my game, because it certainly locked up my game for about 20 seconds. However, after it unfroze I found that I had explored the entire map, got the intro screens from discovering every other civ and city-state on the map, and found all the wonders of the world. Interesting. What's a tad more interesting is that I could keep pressing the hotkey and finding all the wonders AGAIN, which keeps increasing happiness for my civ. Weird.

Anyone else know anything about the functionality of the debug menu? I know it's totally unnecessary because of Fire Tuner, etc. but I find it interesting to mess around with.

5. Lisioz

Lisioz Chieftain

Hey guys! In my notebook there's not the "tilde" character; I'm using Ubuntu and the combination for the char is Alt gr + ì but in Civ it does not work as the tilde, because it does not show the Debug Panel! How can I solve that?
    Thank you!

6. Jaythekiller

Jaythekiller Chieftain

1)Did you set Activate debug panel to 1?

2)Did you save the config.ini on exit ?

3)Did you try the ù key?

If you 've answered yes to all questions above,then :

Try any other key ! :D

7. Lisioz

Lisioz Chieftain

Ok, I find the way! I just have to click where the "tilde" button should be, near the "1" and "!" button! But it seems like it doesn't work, like eRev21 posted before.. What's wrong?