Active players ?

caesar007

Chieftain
Was kind of wondering how many active players there are still around for Civ II ? (if you are active feel free to respond ... )

I just picked this up again after several years. it's just as fun and challenging as I remembered. ultimately it's kind of limited compared to later titles, but it's great for what it is. I also like the gameplay balance that rewards expansionism.

I'm about eight turns away from finishing a nifty Commie game on Deity, I'd be up for giving some multiplayer a try in the near future :D

I plan to start playing again, as soon as I dig my game discs out of storage (I moved earlier this year and am still unpacking).

Yes, playing mostly Civ IV, but also keep coming back for a game or two to any of the predecessors.

i will play still if i can fix go command or build new habit someway. civ2 is best civ

Probably many active Civ 2 players do not frequent CFC, nor even know about CFC. I know several from age 8 to almost age 90 that still play :).

Well, this video I made a couple years ago to show a (rather complicated) method of playing classic Civ 2 on a 64 bit machine got some 30,000 views. I think that it is safe to say that at least a few hundred people enjoy Civ 2 enough to search the internet for how to play it on their new computer.

Sure, try me. I have an up to 4 person battleships type scenario I like to play called "Ape Island".

It's good because it takes only two or three hours and is operationally challenging.

Still, occasionally can fit in some regular civ. Just e-mail:

3george33@gmail.com

I'm playing all the time, I'm totally addicted.
When I feel like I got bored with newer games (Skyrim, Dead Island, World of Tanks...), I run my trusty old civ2 and it never fails to entertain.

Only actively interested here. Till I figure out how to play on my mac.

Do you have classic civ 2? (Ie, NOT Multiplayer Gold Edition)

If so, this video can probably get you playing, as long as you download the mac version of Virtualbox.

I just don't really have the time after getting married:)

Unfortunately civ2 would have to be playable on a mobile device to stay alive imo

Like a tablet or phone. Older settled ppl like me just don't have the chance to sit down for a few hours

Will lock away my laptop + civ2 and maybe unlock in a few decades time when I retire:D

diceman81,
You do not have to wait that long. Only till you have a kid who is 6-8 years old. Then you are going to teach the kid how to play Civ2 and have lots of fun playing together.

Top Bottom