Actor Under Fire for Expressing his Opinion When Asked.

Poverty? No. War? No. Bigotry? No. Inequality? No. Child Soldiers? No. Starving people? No. Genocide? No. Climate change? No.

Gay people? Yes.

Gay people are the true threat to any stable society.

Goddamnit! :mad:

edit: Oh crap, cursing isn't detrimental and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization is it? :shifty:

If people don't attack teh gays at every opportunity, within 10 years everyone will be one.

Male fruit flies often attempt to mate with each other. I guess that's why they've almost died out...oh wait.

How is "Growing Pains" not more destructive to civilization than homosexuality? I mean you had Cameron hanging out with a guy named Boner.

I dont think so. Those types are usually quite the hate mongers. Kirk Cameron? Not so much. He's just a guy thats not about to water down his faith simply to appease political correctness. Good for him.

Once again, comparisons to the horrible mass-murdering Austrian abound.

One of the first things Cameron did when he was born again was use his star power to get a fellow cast member fired based on her posing nude in Playboy. Perhaps this is a bit of evidence of Ted haggard syndrome.

One of the first things Cameron did when he was born again was use his star power to get a fellow cast member fired based on her posing nude in Playboy. Perhaps this is a bit of evidence of Ted haggard syndrome.

Useless without pics.

Who was the chick?

I could perhaps accept that compromise actually. That way the government still isn't saying gay marriage is marriage, which is what I don't want.

I really don't understand what you're arguing then. In this compromise, civil unions effectively become marriages, and marriages becomes some sort of ceremony. And you can be sure that gay people will find somebody to marry them in a ceremony. And, I really don't see how the government can intercede and prevent gays from "marrying".

Hence, gays might as well be allowed to marry. People ought to stop trying to make the word "marriage" sacrosanct in order to allow themselves to cling to some sort of nostalgic notion of marriage, while potentially negatively affecting couples for no good reason.

As for what Kirk Cameron said, I thought from the sound bytes that I heard, that it was relatively mild. Honestly, I don't see what the big stink is all about. Many people who have had a voice in media have said much worse. That's not to say that I agreed with anything he said, but I think that this is being blown out of proportion.

I don't understand this emphasis on semantics. What do Christians care what governments defines as marriage or what kinds of words it uses? If they don't consider gay marriage as marriage, fine, why not simply do it? The Catholic Church can accept divorced people marrying while not recognizing them as married in their eyes without throwing much of a fuss.

How is it bigoted?

I personally admire him for expressing a view that he knew he would be criticized for.

Bigoted bigot doesn't recognize bigot...not surprising. I was there once, too. Get over it, they're a harmless bunch of people, they just want rights like everyone else.

How are you enjoying yourself so far? :D

Welcome to the forum. Don't mind the strange reception. You're a lurker, you know what kind of distrustful bastards we are :)

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I'm replying to things two pages back but oh well.

My post was not directed at the OP but at the replies. (the people comparing alternative sexualities to bestiality/pedophilia)

Please don't tell me what has or has not been said to me throughout my life. I HAVE had people tell me these things. Members of my family won't speak to my mother because of her orientation. I live in the bible belt ffs.

I think too many people abstract the issue. We need to remember these are real people we're talking about.

I really hate the race comparison, Skin color is something someone is born with and lives with all their life. Cameron was attacking a sexual behavior, not the people doing it.
How about the religious comparison, then? You can drop religion far more easily than you can suppress your sexuality, so does that make anti-Jewish or anti-Catholic prejudices acceptable? "I don't hate you, I just hate your religion"?

How about the religious comparison, then? You can drop religion far more easily than you can suppress your sexuality, so does that make anti-Jewish or anti-Catholic prejudices acceptable? "I don't hate you, I just hate your religion"?

Religion is the most important part of many people's identity, it is what defines them, they are well established and ingrained into many societies. And for one, it is possible for homosexuals to become heterosexuals, it has happened before. For the anti-religion prejudice part, if someone thinks that I'm going to hell for not agreeing with them, I do not take offense.

Top Bottom