ActualEarth for G&K

Northboy85

Chieftain
Hey Hey Everyone!

ActualEarth is 62% done!

So, I've been working the last few days on improving the Earth map that is available to us for this MOD. I decided to make the map bigger (Huge size) to accomidate 22 civs + 44 cs with breathing room so there would be a bigger map available.

The goals:

*Create a map that can be played with the CCTP mod that reflects the earth and it's major inhabitants with historical accuracy in map form. (eventually going to implement that cs have the ability to settle/expand)
*Populate the empty spaces with CS if historically correct. Make expansion realistic, when someone is in the way... you need to either turn around, push through, or take over.

So far I have a lot done :) Just need to add CS and take a better look at the map rules.

Completed:

[X]Resources
[X]World Wonders
[X]Old World Civilization starting positions
[X]Creating Minor Civilizations for this map
[X]Creating Tribe Civilizations for this map
[_]City State Starting positions
[_]Configuring and Finalizing Map Rules
[_]Test

Old World 'Realistic' Version:

*This is made to be played on Marathon, starting at 4000BC with random goody hut placement.

*Civs are more aggressive and barbarians are raging.

*Playable Civs: Songhai, Ethiopia, China, Arabia, Egypt, Carthage, India, Scandinavia, England, Russia, Greece, Mongolia, Sweden, Rome, Ottoman, Spain, France, Japan, Siam, and Persia. Seoul, Babylon, and the Austria are CS as well as all the civs in the Americas.

*Major vs CS: Major civilizations can assimilate or re-settle CS. CS can settle new lands but with a cap of 4 cities per CS.

*Minor vs Tribal: Tribal cs have slower science and lower base happiness but increased food production and unit production. Tribal cities are reduced to 4 when they reach 9 and then spawn a 'settler', 'warrior', 'worker'. Minor cs have default settings except with the ability to create a settler. Both can not control more then 4 cities. Both can be 'Assimilated' but Tribal CS can also be re-settled.

*Mother Nature vs Man: Trying to eventually implement a Mother Nature effect. 'Tornado', 'Tsunami', 'Hurricane', 'Earthquake', 'Volcano', 'Drought', 'Meteor', 'Plague', 'Famine', 'Flood', and 'Blizzard'. These effects can be random to the map as well as historical that have causes and effects. Example: "Krakatoa will produce +1 science after it explodes." And buildings that can prevent these effects: "Flood Wall: 90% chance to prevent 'Flood' and 'Tsunami' near this city." "AIDS would be born in-between 1940-1950 in a cs or city in Central Africa."

*Fruit of the Earth: You may take a look at the map and say "Why so many resources?!"... Well that is because the fruit of the earth is everywhere and many at that. Putting a list on all the goods we would get from a single tile of rain-forest is a little silly to break down in a 100% map accuracy form "4 Timber, 1 Rubber, 1 Fur" if you wanted to play in the realms of resource 'reality'. Filling the open tiles with resources created strategic control points on a map. Much how the empires of the earth maneuvered and settled. "Ooooh tin here! Yeah I'll settle near that to make Bronze with my Copper deposit. That will give me Spearmen and more gold!" The Earth's oceans if you know where to look are full of fish, squid, crabs, pearls, and whales so I reflected movement patterns and migration in all the oceans to reflect such. "Whales", "Deer", "Wheat", "Furs", "Truffles", and "Cattle" in certain spots are really just "Porpoise", "Elk", "Rice", "Skins", "Pig" and "Bison".

Wonder addition ideas:

*AIDS CURE (National Wonder unlocked after 1950) For every +2 Sickness AIDS creates, it instead creates only +1 Sickness and also creates +1 Science.

Resource addition ideas:

*Porpoise
*Elk
*Rice
*Bison
*Pig
*Bronze

Pictures of the Map:

Europe: (COMING)

N.America: (COMING)

NEW_WORLD_NORTH_AMERICA

(These are all city states)

CIVILIZATION_IROQUOIS
*CIVILIZATION_SOUIX
*CIVILIZATION_CHEROKEE
*CIVILIZATION_MISSISSIPIAN (Cahokia)
CIVILIZATION_AZTEC
CIVILIZATION_MAYA
CIVILIZATION_INCA

CITY_STATE_(Tribes ~) or (Minor^)

*CITY_STATE_CARIB~
*CITY_STATE_IOWA~ (Cahokian?)
*CITY_STATE_SHAWNEE~
*CITY_STATE_MISSISSIPPI~
*CITY_STATE_TUSCARORA~
*CITY_STATE_PEUBLO^
*CITY_STATE_HURON^
*CITY_STATE_INUIT~
*CITY_STATE_AMAZONIAN~

S.America: (COMING)

Africa: (COMING)

Asia: (COMING)

Indo-Asia: (COMING)

Oceania: (COMING)

Earth:

Thoughts?

To be honest I'm not expecting this to be finished.

Seems too complicated to do in CiV, but if I'm wrong, then great! :p

Definitely seems interesting, maybe you can adjust the minor and tribal civs by giving them civ unique palaces with these modifiers. I think i read somewhere recently that you can have civs with unique palaces?

Definitely seems interesting, maybe you can adjust the minor and tribal civs by giving them civ unique palaces with these modifiers. I think i read somewhere recently that you can have civs with unique palaces?

That's what I'm actually thinking!!! I worked with it when I looked into Palace Plus v2 for Echos of Ages to get an idea of how Palaces work.

To be honest I'm not expecting this to be finished.

Seems too complicated to do in CiV, but if I'm wrong, then great! :p

The work that I've done has taken me about a week with the majority of that planning and researching. It will be finished as I want to play this MOD on a map that I find perfect. Since I'm so picky, I'm making one myself :p Been modding/scenario since Civ 2.

Edit: With the exception of some of the more LUA functions that will take more time. Hoping to find someone else to make the Mother Nature and Weather system to work with this map. It's really not super complicated... just time.

Really good stuff you have there! As for the new resources, I can make them, but they will be literal bonus resources; they only provide a extra yield or two on a given plot. Some could be made into lux/strategic, but the ones that are left as bonus (rice and pig definitely, and maybe elk and bison) will stay that way; there will not be any monopolies associated with them.

Really good stuff you have there! As for the new resources, I can make them, but they will be literal bonus resources; they only provide a extra yield or two on a given plot. Some could be made into lux/strategic, but the ones that are left as bonus (rice and pig definitely, and maybe elk and bison) will stay that way; there will not be any monopolies associated with them.

That would be awesome! Thoughts on serious lux resource additions:

Swine or Pig (+ food, + production)
Rice (+ food)
Bison (Tundra/plains big game animal that yields gold, food, and production)
Tea (I would say more important then coffee in the effects of global civilzation. Yields gold and production)
Hemp (Increases happiness and yields production as a luxury resource.)
Rubber or Gum Tree Production and Gold.
Camel - Strategic resource - Used to create Camel units and provides a slight tile bonus. Ancient Egyptians used camels as transportation and in war and in trade before rome even appeared and are just as important as the Elephant in the Earth reference of important resource.'
Porpoise
Whales/Porpoise
Goat Just as important as Cattle in the evolution of man and the cultures of the world. A staple from Spain to Mogadishu to Siam in the ancient world.

These I figured could all have monopolies tied to them easily.

Thoughts?

So yeah, they could, but that would effect the "balance" that is represented with the current system, as each type gets two resources (so two food resources, two food/gold resources, etc). Normally I would say no, but if we limit these resources to your ActualEarth map, then it might be alright. If you can get everything up and running, then I will start the monopolies. :D However, I still think that monopolies should be bonus resources so that they cannot be traded. As an easier implementation, we can make everything but Rice a lux resource, so that only it needs a monopoly tree. And couldn't goat be substituted for by sheep?

So yeah, they could, but that would effect the "balance" that is represented with the current system, as each type gets two resources (so two food resources, two food/gold resources, etc). Normally I would say no, but if we limit these resources to your ActualEarth map, then it might be alright. If you can get everything up and running, then I will start the monopolies. :D However, I still think that monopolies should be bonus resources so that they cannot be traded. As an easier implementation, we can make everything but Rice a lux resource, so that only it needs a monopoly tree. And couldn't goat be substituted for by sheep?

That sounds decent enough of a plan my man.

The resources I suggested would definitely improve the balance and importance of settlement and trade in certain areas. The listed being the more important resources for addition in the previous post with the addition of Soy with Rice.

For Monopoly pairing, How about...
1.) Rice and Soy for that pairing?
2.) Pig and Goat for the other? Goat and sheep are as different as a horse and a cow :) Sheep have 54 chromosomes, while goats have 60. Or make cattle and pig paired while goat and sheep paired if you are thinking similarities.
3.) Hemp and Tea. A kind of natural green monopoly?

As an international man it's hard for me to see cattle, sheep, fish on a map and not goat, pig, bison, etc.... but I am an international man that is, so my perception of the earth is vastly different from the others of western society ;-)

I need to work on the map for a few hours today before work. In my opinion my map wouldn't feel complete without these resources but I'll manage my OCD I'm sure, lol

Top Bottom