Actually functioning battering ram

Uh, pretty sure that's not supposed to be possible.

The combat preview is just not shown in this screenshot... Was in a hurry to capture the combat result (12 city damage, 9 defense damage). The unexpected bit is that an embarked battering ram could actually attack, though it is pitiful.

And for your screenshots, yes, I learnt that trick from you. These ships are viking longboat. :p

Ha, it would be pretty cool (albeit cheesy) if you could pair them up with destroyers or caravels.

I'll have to try that. Not my current game which is an all peace game (not taking cities), but maybe next one.

I'll have to try that. Not my current game which is an all peace game (not taking cities), but maybe next one.

You can give the city back in the peace deal.

I really had no idea the Rams worked with melee ships. Seems kind of broken. But I couldn't help but use them. I wanted to give Norway another go. I only played them once, and I was very disappointed by their performance. That was on an island plates map (low production). Now I'm playing Greatest Earth map (a large map with yet another map mod), and they really seem to shine on this map. Plus I'm trying to play them as the true raiders they are. Every city on the ocean in Europe I conquered. and Once I got Frigates online, I got cities that were one tile back from the ocean as well. Nothing can stand in the way of my Viking Armada. muhahahaha. Fun game. Before I would have rated them probably dead last, but I'm tearing sh..stuff up this game. This map seems well suited to them with all the ocean surrounding Europe.

Anyways, yes the rams do work with my Viking Longships (and now Caravels). And they work well.

Top Bottom