1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

ACW going to Firaxis

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by Procifica, Aug 5, 2003.

1. Procifica

Procifica ACW Scenario Creator

Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm finally sending the American Civil War Scenario to Firaxis. If anyone has any comments or questions about this, or the scenario itself, main thread is in the Completed Scenarios forum.

Its been awhile since I've posted in here about the scenario, but I feel this is an important moment for the scenario.

Also, if anyone would like to add custom graphics to the scenario, or add civilopedia entries to the scenario, that would be appreciated.

2. mrtn

mrtn Shaven not stirred

Procifica, I haven't followed your gargantuan thread. :) What does "send to Firaxis" imply?

3. Lynx

Lynx Prince

i think it means he plans to send it to the company so they might put it on conquests. (it would deserve it too!)

Speaking of sending scenario's to firaxis, how would you do that?

Moderator Action: Lynx, learn to use the "Edit" button on you rposts. ;) --Padma
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

4. Procifica

Lynx has it right, either in Conquests or in a future addition or release of the game. When Conquests is released, the new tools that we all hope will be in it, will be used to make the scenario even better.

As for the thread size, once it hits 1000 posts, I'll be starting up a new thread. I believe that is the forum "unofficial" limit for a thread.

By the way, if anyone knows how I'd go about contacting Firaxis, please let me know. :)

5. _Impreza_

_Impreza_ King

www.firaxis.com then go to contact, then go to suggestions for a game, choose Conquests and then you will be heard.

6. Procifica

The inquiry I sent to Firaxis has been forwarded now to the person there in charge of scenarios. I got an immediate reply from the contact given to me by LouLong and Kal-el, so this is certainly good news. I'm hoping for news from the Firaxis employee in charge of scenarios soon.

7. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

Not at all, the Double your Please thread has like 6000 replies.

8. Procifica

Actually its close to 3K. Double your Please, I like that. :)

9. Yoda Power

Yoda Power ✫✫✫✫✫✫✫

well you get the point:rolleyes:

10. Procifica

I've put up a new test version on the scenario thread, with some things which I never knew was the case. Like I didn't know that city defense improvements didn't stack, and I didn't know that they DO stack with city/metropolis defense. Must be why taking cities with walls in regular civ3 is a real PAIN.

11. unscratchedfoot

unscratchedfoot War is a good thing.

I wonder if anyone has ever actually taken a week's vacation just to read all that rubbish?

12. Procifica

My ACW scenario thread has about 700 replies now, and the old thread has over 700 as well. :)

13. Procifica

I've received a reply, and now I'm sending both Version 2.42PRE and Version 2.50aT to Firaxis for a look over. I will be working on completing the Civilopedia this weekend, as I have a deadline of Wednesday to meet for the scenario.

Thank you to everyone who has supported the scenario up to this point, and let's hope for the best.

14. Procifica

A member of Firaxis has looked over the scenario and the scenario thread in the Scenario Forum, and is looking forward to Monday's completed Version. This will be Version 3.00, with a completed Civilopedia. I will post more information as soon as I have completely accurate information as to the future of ACW.

15. Colonel Kraken

Colonel Kraken Deity

That's great news, Procifica. Good work. Though I haven't seen it, I know you put a lot of work into it. What an honor if it makes it into Conquests. :)

16. Procifica

You should go have a look at it Colonel Kraken, its really came a long way since February.

I will know more once I submit Version 3.00 to Firaxis on hopefully Monday.

17. Isak

Isak Civ4 Scenario Designer

Only people who forget to take their medication, would do such a thing ;)

Good luck with the scenario Procifica :)

18. Procifica

Thank you Isak. So far things are looking good, but I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

Progress on the Civilopedia is going fairly well, I should be able to meet my self-imposed deadline of Monday.

For those who haven't played the scenario or haven't touched it in awhile, give it a shot or another shot. It really has come a long way since the beta versions.

19. Procifica

Version 3.00 should be up tonight, barring any problems. If not then definitely by Tuesday afternoon, Pacific time.

20. Procifica

Today is the day Version 3.00 goes up, and is sent off to Firaxis.