1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Ad Victoriam 1.1

Civ 6 core revamp and improvement compendium.

1. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

ITcore submitted a new resource:

Ad Victoriam - Civ 6 core revamp and improvement compendium.

Read more about this resource...

2. thecraftybee

thecraftybee Chieftain

Any details on what is changed?

3. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Updated the overview with the condensed list of changes. I'm still working on the complete, in-depth list.

4. CBG68

CBG68 Chieftain

Ok some questions.
    I noticed in your Permissions portion you mentioned Quo combined tweaks - How much of his MOD is in here, because I've been playing with it.
    Also you mention the stacking MOD - Is that in here also, because I don't think I can play without it.

5. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Quo's and my mod will be completely incompatible. Both mods change too much of the same things. Most of CSO is in here except for the stacking part, actually. That was a personal choice.

6. CBG68

CBG68 Chieftain

Ok Thanks
    I guess I didn't word my question entirely the way I meant to. What I meant was could I try this out and if I did how far would it be different than that of Quo's MOD.
    I just like the idea about how you have combined stuff, because it would seem to create less MOD conflicts.

Just curious would you entertain the idea of adding the stacking feature but as a user defined feature? Default being off.

7. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Quo/isau and I have different ideas when it comes to overhauling and improving aspects of the game. I would feel that our changes are fairly similar and the only real way to know for sure is to test them both out for yourself and see what you like.

My whole mod started off with combining different mods into one to avoid conflicts. It evolved into new ideas, as well as borrowed ones, as I learned the ropes more and more.

I'm a bit of a fan of the 1UPT method of combat, personally, so I don't have any plans to integrate stacking back in. If you wanted to go into the code and add it yourself, it would still work no problem.

8. sea-breeze

sea-breeze Chieftain

Thanks for great work! I can't wait to try it out. However, it seems I can't start game with this mod on. I also tried turn off all the other mod but it still didn't work. Did anyone manage to start game with it?

9. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

If you could tell me what mods you are trying to use, what DLCs you have, as well as any errors you can find in:

My Documents > My Games > Sid Meier's Civilization VI > Logs > Modding AND Database.log (two different files)

10. sea-breeze

sea-breeze Chieftain

I have all the resent DLCs. I had turned all the other mod off except this one, but I still couldn't start the game. When I turned this mod off, the game can start.

Attached Files:

11. sea-breeze

sea-breeze Chieftain

there are some errors I find in the modding.log

Warning: UpdateDatabase - Error Loading SQL.
    [3362304.641] Status: UpdateDatabase - Loading Gameplay/Terrain/Tiles.sql
    [3362304.651] Status: UpdateDatabase - Loading Gameplay/Units/Unit_Resources.sql
    [3362304.667] Status: UpdateDatabase - Loading Gameplay/Rules/Cost_Adjustment.sql
    [3362304.674] Status: UpdateDatabase - Loading Gameplay/Rules/SlowerEras.sql
    [3362304.694] ERROR: Failed to release save point.
    [3362304.718] Warning: Error when calling IComponentHandler::ApplyComponent.
    [3362304.718] Status: Applying Component - InGameText (UpdateText)
    [3362304.718] Status: Creating database save point.
    [3362304.718] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Agenda_Text.sql
    [3362304.720] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Building_Text.sql
    [3362304.722] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/CityName_Text.sql
    [3362304.725] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/CityState_Text.sql
    [3362304.725] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Civilizations_Text.sql
    [3362304.727] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Government_Text.sql
    [3362304.728] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Historical_Text.sql
    [3362304.732] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Improvement_Text.sql
    [3362304.733] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Misc_Text.sql
    [3362304.734] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Policy_Text.sql
    [3362304.736] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Project_Text.sql
    [3362304.736] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/TechCivic_Text.sql
    [3362304.737] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Unit_Text.sql
    [3362304.738] Status: LocalizedText - Loading Text/Wonder_Text.sql
    [3362304.740] Status: Successfully released save point.
    [3362304.740] Status: Applied component to game.
    [3362304.777] Status: Modding Framework - Finished Apply Components
    [3362304.777] ERROR: Failed to apply enabled components.
    [3362304.923]

12. sea-breeze

sea-breeze Chieftain

here are the error in the datebase.log
    [3362292.678] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [3362304.640] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Resource_Harvests.ResourceType, Resource_Harvests.YieldType
    [3362304.640] [Gameplay] ERROR: UNIQUE constraint failed: Resource_Harvests.ResourceType, Resource_Harvests.YieldType
    [3362304.694] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    [3362304.694] [Gameplay] ERROR: FOREIGN KEY constraint failed
    [3362304.694] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [3362304.711] [Gameplay] ERROR: Invalid Reference on StartBiasResources.ResourceType - "RESOURCE_GOLD" does not exist in Resources
    [3362304.716] [Gameplay]: Failed Validation.
    [3362304.777] [Gameplay]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [3362304.802] [Gameplay]: Passed Validation.
    [3362307.965] [FullTextSearch]: FTS - Creating Context
    [3362308.217] [Configuration]: Validating Foreign Key Constraints...
    [3362308.217] [Configuration]: Passed Validation.
    [3362314.554] [FullTextSearch]: FullTextSearch - Shutting down

13. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

It seems like I have the incorrect version uploaded. I'll get that sorted out this weekend. After the new one is uploaded, check it again and let me know.

14. sea-breeze

sea-breeze Chieftain

Thank you! Wait for your new version.

15. LordEnnoch

LordEnnoch Chieftain

I'd say that "The odds are stacked against you" is an understatement. This is a one-city challenge mod basically and quite unfortunately as i don't think this was intentinal considering the changes i saw with the civilizations but playing any civ that propagates settlement is utterly meaningless. Any city you place beyond your first instantly cripples your economy and that gets even worse, exponentially even, after each one you try to settle. IF you are lucky, IF you have no neighbour, IF you play on a low difficulty, you might have 4 cities by the renaissance IF you built commercial districts + docks and all their respective buildings in them IF you use certain policies. (Do notice the lots of IFs). Those would keep you in the positive income wise enough so you could have like 6 units too before having 0 income again. I'd like to see how you beat any aggressive nation that can (and will) have a dozen cities in the classic era and can and will field dozens of charriots and no amount of diplo would help since he or she hates you for being small and weak, which this mod forces you to be. There are no options or paths here. Its either a once-city challenge or lets-play-china.

16. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Can you provide some details behind this? Civ used, map used, map settings, difficulty. Any other mods used?

As you can already tell, this is not a one-city challenge mod. Yes, it is harder to get those extra cities in the beginning because of the Settler cost change and the 3 population requirement. Fully intended to restrict the player and AIs ability to rapidly expand, and that is what all tests have shown. However, the biggest note people have given me is the abundance of gold. Whether it's through a combination of exploiting powerful government and policy abilities coupled with certain gold-focused Civs, I've never heard anything about bankruptcy. Especially for only placing a second city.

I believe you are not giving all the details. When you are settling more cities, are you at war? Do you have a large military? Do you have a lot of domestic trade routes? Things have a lot of costs associated with them but I've never run into gold issues that early on unless I as in a protracted war with a massive army and war weariness bringing me down. I usually play on cramped maps so having neighbors has never been an issue with expansion, I don't see how it is now. The obvious solution to gold problems is to build Commercial Hubs and Harbors, no? Much in the same way you would build a Campus for science or an Industrial Zone for production?

I'm not saying this mod is perfect, very far from it. However, your criticisms don't match up with the majority of other criticisms I have received. As such, I don't know what I can do to try and fix something. Provide more concrete details and I may be able to look into it.

Side note, the gold penalty cost doesn't really kick in until your 11th city.

17. LordEnnoch

LordEnnoch Chieftain

Don't get me wrong, i do love the mod so i wasn't berating or anything. But you can imagine its surpising to hear that too much gold was pointed out with this mod..

I did a little testing, nothing extensive though. It doesn't seem to relate with a civ as it was the same with China, Khmer, Indonesia, Rome. I tested this on Settler and put down cities in classical era. Had absolutely no military, or had units that had 1 gold upkeep that i negated with upkeep reduction policy. I wan't warring. Had no domestic traderoute or when i did i kept in mind that they give income or just an expense gold wise. I do in fact use a mod that was taxing my income, a building upgrade mod, but the cost of buildings were properly shown in the upkeep section. I'm not sure yet if the amount of buildings affects this Other or not so if it does then it might be a culprit as those building upgrades counts as another building.

Regardless/Beside the building upgrades which i turned off while i was testing i did notice that my income is much higher with more cities at Epic game pace than it was at Marathon while this Other value remained the same flat value. That might be the problem i was experiencing since incomes are only a fraction of they use to be at standard speed but this expense remained as much as it was on standard. I'm gonna test this now.

Edit: Alright, i tested on standard and marathon and the value remains the same but i haven't noticed that much an income loss either. So it was probably me, recklessly upgrading building with that other mod. It defiitely makes you think twice to place another city or put down a district with its 2 gold upkeep since that seriously affects the income so careful planning ahead is needed. A very nice mod overall.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017
  18. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

ITcore updated Ad Victoriam with a new update entry:

Correct Version to Match Steam

Read the rest of this update entry...

19. ITcore

ITcore Chieftain

Sorry it took so long but I have the correct version up.

Yeah, a mod that adds a lot of building maintenance that early will skew the economy real quick. The way I had it set up, a large empire requires a lot of maintenance. You either need an abundant amount of natural resources or a lot of trade routes. The point being that you either self-sustain or make friends. I hated how fast and far the spread is in the early game with little to no ramifications.

I just uploaded the correct version (accidentally uploaded an older version) but don't expect anything drastic, the changes between those versions is minor.

20. Anno

Anno Chieftain

Having a lot of fun with this mod so far on King/Epic with only 8AoP and CQUI as my other mods. Balance through about turn 150 seems good, and I like the increased yields and synergies. A couple of things I noticed though:

1) Farms (or at least farms on wheat) show that they will give 1 housing instead of the .5 it gives when you hover over the build action on your builder's menu
    2) AI, at least in my game, doesn't seem to understand how to use Holy Sites now. Around turn 150 I've had my religion for a long time and others are just starting to get theirs set up.

Overall though I'm having a good time! Please keep up the good work and updates to the mod. I'll let you know if I find anything else weird.