Ad won't load, affects posting

Bamspeedy

CheeseBob

This ad continually tries to load forever and ever, and unless I click the x to close the ad (at the top of the page and the bottom of every page), it's very hard to write a response in the 'quick reply' window. I can't even finish typing one word before my cursor is no longer active in the response window and I need to click in the quick reply window again to start typing again...for every word I type more more than two characters.....

All other ads work fine.

I can't get the ad to display. However, its URL is

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/bamspeedy/annoying ad_1.png

which suggests that it's linked to your photobucket account, not CFC. Is anyone else having the same issue?

I uploaded a screenshot to my photobucket account, don't know how else to say which ad it is. The ad is all black since it won't load. There is a 'Ads by' with a red icon that looks like a wide arrow pointing to the right.

Ok, after clicking on the ad several times to see if it would take me to who the advertiser is, the Rav4 Toyota ad came up. Then spend another minute and a half loading it to show the same 10 second ad again.

I was just wondering if it's the ad problem, or which program runs this in case it's a problem on my end (media player needs to updated or something).

Edit: I'm guessing it's because I'm using chrome. Chrome and adobe flash player don't like each other. Loaded this forum up in ie and got different ads with no problem.

Last edited:
I'm getting this too. For some reason, it changes focus to the ad every time it loads, so if I'm writing a post and hit backspace, it activates my browser's back button. Very aggravating.

Is it a google ad? Is there any (i) or an (x) in the top right at any point? Clicking that may allow you to send feedback that the ad is causing problems, and block it from your feed as well.
No, it does not have an i or an x in the upper right. It looks exactly like the screenshot bamspeedy posted. There is an x in the upper left that will remove it, but this doesn't prevent it from reappearing again. and again. and again.

Finally the arrow in the upper right 'ad choices' appeared. It was never there before. Clicking it shows the ad is from 'Turn' and I think I got the setting right so it won't come back.

After several weeks away, the Ad of Doom reappeared for me last night.

Top Bottom