Adaptive Trait bug?

Mithrus

Warlord
I think this has been happening for several versions now, but it seems the adaptive trait doesnt ask you more than twice to switch your trait. IIRC, it was suppose to prompt you ever 100 turns or so (perhaps based on game speed?)

Hmm... Do you mean twice after the initial assignment of the trait, or do you mean you get the option only twice in a game? I just finished a Grigori game a couple of days ago. I wasn't paying too much attention to how often the option came up, but I remember getting that screen at least three times (initial plus twice more). It stands out in my mind because I made a different choice for each stage of my empire's development -- Creative, Financial, Organized. I might have finished the game before it could come up again, or it might have passed the appropriate time without activating -- I honestly wasn't paying that much attention.

I usually play on quick game speed. I just finished a mp game yesterday, and I did get a third prompt, but it was MUCH later than expected. How does the code work for when the adaptive trait kicks in?

When the leader has two traits (in addition to Adaptive), I wish there was a choice as to which to switch. Does the "Permanent" choice have something to do with this?

I would also prefer to have switching offered as a result of reaching certain milestones, such as new population levels, rather than after a hundred years.

The time at which traits change is random, once every hundred years is only an average.

When the leader has two traits (in addition to Adaptive), I wish there was a choice as to which to switch. Does the "Permanent" choice have something to do with this?

I would also prefer to have switching offered as a result of reaching certain milestones, such as new population levels, rather than after a hundred years.

Actually, the leader doesn't have two traits. Take Cardith Lorda, for example. He show for having 4 traits (Sprawling, Expansive, Philosohipical and Adaptive), but in reality he only has 3 (Sprawling, Expansive and Adaptive). The "Phisolophical" one, in this case, is just what his adaptive starts like, and what the AI will use for him, if I'm not mistaken.

pretty on Silverkiss.
There are a few "Traits" that aren't really traits at all, Like Sprawling, Ingenuity, and Agnostic. They are more like the core custom or belief system of the Leader/Civ, so they aren't in the running to be changed.. so, technically all leaders have only 2 traits, adaptives do have one perm , and one adaptive.

Cheers!

The permanent choice cannot be changed. The second ability is the default option which "replaces" adaptive assuming it's played by a CP. A human player can switch from it to another trait. There is no advantage to double up on the permanent one.

Top Bottom