Add New Building without Art / Nif?

SleepyDingo

Chieftain
Is it possible to add a building with xml but leave out Art files so that you get the effect of the building (with Civ4BuildingInfos.xml) but don't have to fool with Art and Art Defines - other than button art?

I didnt know if there was a blank.nif file or something like that I would have to place in the art defines xml. Thanks!

yes it is possible use art/empty.nif

i should notice though that even if you do this your city will loose at least 1 generic building, i.e. a city with buildings using empty.nif will look smaller than a same size city without buildings.

Tesb, is there no way to cause a new building addition to not effect, at all, the city graphics?

What do you mean by losing 1 "generic" building? As in a "filler" building being replaced with an empty space?

What do you mean by losing 1 "generic" building? As in a "filler" building being replaced with an empty space?
exactly. the more buildings -that use empty.nif- you construct the smaller the city seems to be (less filler buildings as you put it)

Tesb, is there no way to cause a new building addition to not effect, at all, the city graphics?
there is, but it is not pretty:
change the value of
GAME_CITY_SIZE_MAX_PERCENT_UNIQUE
in the xml (in GlobalDefinesAlt.xml)

change it to zero and you have no art changes, although this also disables wonders, walls and city art you might want. in MoM (see signature) we set this value to 0.2 (i.e. quite low) and assume the the few building slots are occupied by buildings you actually want to see (wonders, city enchantments, walls, city curses, ...) and all other buildings are empty and just use different buttons.

edit: you can change drawing order of building by changing
fVisibilityPriority
e.g. in MoM all invisible buildings have fVisibilityPriority set to 1, while wonders, walls, city enchantments, ... have set it to 10000 or more

Top Bottom