1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Added a new Civ but cant find it

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Siggy_23, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Siggy_23

Siggy_23 Chieftain

So I created a mod following Kael's awesome beginners guide to add a civilization to the game, and the mod loads fine, it doenst crash or anything, but my new Civ is simply not in the list of civs to start with . . .

Is it something simple that I did wrong?

I looked in the logs, and none of them update when the mod is loaded; im not sure if thats a good thing or not, but thats what happens . . .

any assistance would be great! thanks in advance

2. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Moderator Action: thread moved to main Creation & Customization forum, no questions in the tutorial section please :)

3. Siggy_23

Siggy_23 Chieftain

ok, i was derping before . . . TIL you cant just double click on a mod in the in game mod browser to load it . . .

But now there are two strange things that happen. When you would click on an empire to select it in the "set up game" screen, there is no scroll bar and the mouse wheel doesnt work, so i can see alexander, askia, attila and agustus caesar but i cant scroll down to see anyone else . . .

Additionally i can go to the "advanced setup" screen and select my new civ, but when i go back to my "set up game" screen the leader picture is there and so is the civ icon, but the name is whatever was last selected and so are the UU and UB icons even as it is showing my picture of my leader to the left and my civ icon to the right.

So that is one problem . . .

The second problem is as soon as I start the game it crashes about two seconds later . . .

any thoughts?

4. fuzzy_bunnies

fuzzy_bunnies Prince

I just went through this so can help with part of it. I don't think the pulldown with the scrolling will work until you have at least 2 UUs or UBs for the civ, it doesn't know what to do with the icons to the right. In my case, when I went to advanced setup and selected my custom civ and went back to the main screen, it would show the right civ and no UU icons, just whatever random civ icon I selected for it.

I also had the problem where it was crashing right away. Did you:

1. create the civ per the guide (obviously done)
    2. create all the text entries
    3. create a new leader for the civ?

It doesn't appear to work unless you create a new leader. You can assign it someone else's traits but its got to be a new leader entry.

I think you also may have to set all the city names to start, and all the spy names to get past renaissance.