1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Added new AI which does nothing

Discussion in 'Civ2 - General Discussions' started by Sir_Lancelot, May 2, 2012.

1. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Chieftain

In a game I thought it would be fun with some more AI civs. I spawned some settlers for a new AI that had not been in the game before. But the new AI does not move his units, he doesn't do anything at all.

Can the new AI be activated?

2. gps

gps Chieftain

Well, if I remember correctly in Civ II there's still the hardcoded 7 Civ limit with groups of 3 Civs with the same colour excluding each other. If one of them is in the game the other two can't be. Only if one is destroyed and the slot gets freed another from that group can take it's place. That considered I think it's not possible to activate another AI...

3. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Chieftain

You can not add a nation with a color that is already in use so that is not the problem. SHIFT + F2 gives you a list of nations, the list includes nations already in the game and nations that are not in the game. All nations in the list has different colors.

I had only 3 or 4 civs in the game.

4. Ali Ardavan

Ali Ardavan Mathematician Moderator Civ2 GOTM Staff

I have no idea. But this kind of question better suits the scenario forum.

5. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Chieftain

OK. I didn't know I should have posted it there, this is not a scenario.

6. Metro Polis

Metro Polis Chieftain

You could use the barbarians to make the 8th civ, if you give them specific units and give the other civs techs to prevent them from getting access to those units.

7. Sir_Lancelot

Sir_Lancelot Chieftain

Welcome to the forum!

I do have barbarian cities in the game, but barbs never found cities. They don't know what to do with a Settler and will just keep moving it. So I gave them strong units so they could conquer some cities.
    In modern times barb cities almost never actually finish the production of a unit regardless of the city's shields output. And their research will just cycle through the earliest techs, so they keep rediscovering Pottery, Alphabet, Warrior code, Horseback riding, Bronze working, Masonry and Ceremonial burial in an endless loop. But they can produce the same kind of unit that conquered the city and that is the only thing they will try to produce.

I have also tried to give the barbs modern warships, but they do not attack with them. Maybe the barb AI treats all their ships like cargo vessels and don't want to risk a loss.