Adding a new civ: Lithuania

The Pope is still in the list. (look at the # for the line of code;))

I also wanted to hide the barbarian LH from the civilopedia, but I didn't succeed. :( I know it's not a big issue, but it's easy to fix and it looks a lot better.

I will take a look at the barb leader in the pedia, it is probably something silly with the python indexes. Note that I split Consts.py into Consts.py and XMLConsts.py, that second one holds the timeline dates and Buildings/Tech/Units/Leaders. Things should be easier to keep track of.

AbsintheRed, did you make a test run on the speed of the svn version vs Beta 6. I want to know if I should revert all the changes first before I get the new UP.

AbsintheRed, did you make a test run on the speed of the svn version vs Beta 6. I want to know if I should revert all the changes first before I get the new UP.

I was busy tonight, got home only few minutes ago
Will start a few test runs right now

Ahahah super-tough UHV. Doubt i'll ever manage that, hahah

Naturally these are not final yet, but thanks for the kind input :rolleyes:
This UHV will probably be something like this in the final version:
reach x.y. goal (culture, territory, diplomacy, etc.) without declaring a state religion untill 1386

EDIT: As the lack of state religion means less culture (no catherdals or religious wonders) and no diplo boost, the first few things that pops in my mind:
Have a city with 30+ culture/turn in 1386 without a state religion
Or have at least pleased relations with 5 civs in 1386 without a state religion

corovanrobber brings a good point, an UHV like that is trivial for a human. Despite the diplo penalty and not FP bonus, the player can still do good. So we should raze the bar somehow.

I think AbsintheRed's solution is great. Make Lithuania the anti-Burgundy. Burgundy gets a lot of culture with UP, UB, Religions Wonders and overall very few cities. We can make Lithuania get huge culture with just UP (and non-religion based wonders), so that would mean getting lots and lots of cities.

UHV 1: Don't get a state religion by XXXX
UHV 2: Get 10K (adjust accordingly), by XXXX (may be a late year, but still most culture should come from UP)
UHV 3: Conquer Moscow (ahistoric, that is where Lithuania eventually fell behind)

How about build x pagan shrines? (This also promotes expansion)

You will want to build as many pagan shrines as possible in the first place, as it will get a boost either by the UP or the UB
Actually I really like the idea of good diplo relations without state religion, because this would be a very unique UHV.
3Miro, do you think this would be possible to code?

You will want to build as many pagan shrines as possible in the first place, as it will get a boost either by the UP or the UB
Actually I really like the idea of good diplo relations without state religion, because this would be a very unique UHV.
3Miro, do you think this would be possible to code?

UHV like build X number of buildings exist right now. The thing is that the pagan shrine becomes obsolete with Monasticism, which comes early. Unless we change the tech three so that it is possible to have pagan shrines at without blocking a whose branch of it (or getting a pagan shrine UB), this will not be practical.

Contradictory UHV conditions should be good, get culture without religion, especially in a religion heavy mod, should require a delicate balance I think.

I don't mind culture either, that was my first idea too
(especially if it's hard to impement the diplo relations in the UHVs)

Btw in my read corovanrobber's main point was that having the "don't get a state religion till 1386" is not really an UHV. You don't have to do anything for it, so it's not fun at all
That's why I suggested to combine it with something else, preferably culture or diplo relations
So the UHVs should look something like this:
  1. Get x culture by 1450 (or have 5 AIs with pleased diplo relations) without declaring a state religion till 1386
  2. Control the territory from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea (including Kiev and Novogorod) in 1410 AD
  3. Conquer or Vassalize Poland and Moscow.

I don't mind culture either, that was my first idea too
(especially if it's hard to impement the diplo relations in the UHVs)

Btw in my read corovanrobber's main point was that having the "don't get a state religion till 1386" is not really an UHV. You don't have to do anything for it, so it's not fun at all
That's why I suggested to combine it with something else, preferably culture or diplo relations
So the UHVs should look something like this:
  1. Get x culture by 1450 (or have 5 AIs with pleased diplo relations) without declaring a state religion till 1386
  2. Control the territory from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea (including Kiev and Novogorod) in 1410 AD
  3. Conquer or Vassalize Poland and Moscow.

Go for culture, the AI is too messed up and too random to make for a good game. As soon as they find themselves at war, they star wanting for you to break relations, declare a war and/or pick a side in any other way. Unless you get involved in random wars to please the AI, it is no fun. Culture + no-religion should be fine (make it one date too, two dates would make it confusing I think).

The other option is to split the first UHV into two. Get Culture and no State religion, which would imply a large empire. A large empire has to go for stable land, hence Baltic to Black seas (i.e. the conquest is implicit).

Alright, the Dutch results:
58:20, 59:40, 57:15 with Beta 6
1:08:25, 1:13:50, 1:05:50 with the latest svn revision

About 10 minutes plus on average
But I won't say this is significant, as we added Lithuania and a couple other things since
So it's really hard to say if your speed improvements were actually useful or not

It would be better to compare the latest svn build with a one where only your speed changes are reverted.

What about #1 as "don't declare a state religion and accumulate x culture before the 15th century"? I know 1386 is accurate but, I don't know, it feels *too* accurate :p

I just noticed in my Spanish game that Lithuania doesn't have unique Dynamic names yet. (The have the same names as the Dutch) Do we still don't have them or are they forgotten? If we don't have them (yet), I will put just "Lithuania" in the tags, so people know it's Lithuania and not the Netherlands.

I just noticed in my Spanish game that Lithuania doesn't have unique Dynamic names yet. (The have the same names as the Dutch) Do we still don't have them or are they forgotten? If we don't have them (yet), I will put just "Lithuania" in the tags, so people know it's Lithuania and not the Netherlands.

Sounds good for now.

Yeah, I just put Lithuanian People to the first entry, and left everything the way I copy-pasted it from the dutch
They are not forgotten, but it will be perfect for now if you add Lithuania tags everywhere

Other idea for UU: Lipkas. An uniquely Lithuanian unit that existed for a very long time.

What do you guys think about adding Lipka Tatars as a mercenary mainly for Lithuania (UM)

I've made (converted from FFH) a Samogitian Axeman unit once, see attachment. Samogitians were the most resisting pagans living in the marshy/wooded region of Samogitia, part of Lithuania. It's also one of Lithuanian units in Medieval 2: TW Kingdoms.

"Voivodeships" were used by a number of countries in Eastern Europe. There are baltic & slavic looking pagan shrines in the DB, which could be used to reflect Lithuanians' resistance to Christianization.

This would also be great, the unit you posted looks awesome. Either for mercenary in the area, or at least as ethnic art for Lithuania
Edead, do you still have the file around?

Top Bottom